Help with a new resistance program

Hey could anyone help me out with some resistance program advice. I can't afford a trainer so I have pulled this program from a combination of a book and a website. I have changed some of the exercises because some of the ones posted I just can't seem to do safely, or are just too awkward for me. I am just looking to change up what I was doing before and get a pretty good well balanced program.

Day 1

1- bench press

2- db flys or pec deck

3- barbell overhead pull

4- cable crossover

5- dips

6- triceps cable pull down

7- french curl

8- roman chair leg lifts

9- decline sit ups with weight plate

10- oblique side bends

Day 3

1- Seated row

2- Lat pulldown

3- one arm db row

4- chin up

5- barbell curls

6- hammer curls

7- forearm curls

8- rev forearm curls

9- back extension with weight plate

Day 5

1- Overhead press

2- upright row

3- side delt raise

4- front delt raise

5- shrugs

6- squats

7- leg curls

8- leg extention

9- hip aductor machine

10- hip abductor machine

11- toe press

12- toe raises

So if you have any advice as to wether I have forgotten muscle groups, placed excercises in a bad order, or I have a bit to much redundancy please let me know. Thanks

I'd say that's INSANELY too much! Especially if you're new to lifting. My advice would be to stick to about 5-7 exercises per session, focusing on compound movements (Back/Front Squat, Deadlift, Flat/Incline Bench, Overhead Press, Pull-ups, Chins, etc.) and adding 1-2 isolation movements for assistance. My routine looks something likes this:

Day 1

Back Squat

Flat Bench

Bent-over Row

Overhead Press

Weighted Pull-ups

Barbell Standing Curls

Day 3

Front Squat

Incline Bench

Weighted Chins

Weighted Dips

Barbell Standing Curls

Tricep Pushdowns

Day 5

Deadlift

Flat Bench

Weighted Chins

Overhead Press

Lat Pulldown

Abs

+ maybe some 'ceps work

I think it's all you need for the first year or two. I'm seeing constant gains in mass and strenght with this sort of schedule.

Just my two cents anyway.

I'd say that's INSANELY too much! Especially if you're new to lifting. My advice would be to stick to about 5-7 exercises per session, focusing on compound movements (Back/Front Squat, Deadlift, Flat/Incline Bench, Overhead Press, Pull-ups, Chins, etc.) and adding 1-2 isolation movements for assistance.

I pretty much agree, except perhaps the addition of isolation exercises. And probably I would do even fewer exercises each day, something like:

Day 1

Back Squat

Flat Bench

Bent-over Row

Overhead Press

Day 3

Front Squat

Incline Bench

Weighted Chins

Barbell Standing Curls

Tricep Pushdowns

Day 5

Deadlift

Flat Bench

Weighted Chins

Overhead Press

Abs

+ maybe some 'ceps work

Thanks for the response guys. I like the idea of doing more with less which is what I seem to be getting from what your saying and the programs you are suggesting. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

A problem for me is some of the exercises that you suggest are a bit awkward for me or I just don't do them cause I am worried about having proper form and getting injured. I am going to give them a try with just the bar and some real light weight but too be 100% honest I really feel like a dork when I can't do an exercise with a reasonable amount of weight for a guy my size and build. I know it's something I just have to get over but man it's pretty ego deflating. A question I have is about repetition of the same exercise in following workouts. I was to the understanding that it was better not to try to work the same muscle groups in following workouts.

What works best for me personally and what i like best becasue it's simple and effective is a 3 day split. I like to do heavy compund lifts that get alot done and hit the whole muscle and other similar muscles as well. I stay away from machines allmost competely except to supplement at the end of a certain muscle droup

Push:

Bench

Incline Bench

Seated military

Skull crushers

Narrow bench

I allways add in other stuff to supplement

Pull:

Dead Lift

Pull Ups

dumbell row

bar bell curl

ez bar curl

reverse curl

Legs:

Squat

front squat

Lunge

I don't follow like a set day schedual for my routine. I just listen to my body. I allso do abs each day i feel like it

A problem for me is some of the exercises that you suggest are a bit awkward for me or I just don't do them cause I am worried about having proper form and getting injured.

You can also get as injured if you're doing Bench Press, Dips or virtually any other exercise wrong. It's very easy to prevent that. Take your time and get the form right.

I am going to give them a try with just the bar and some real light weight but too be 100% honest I really feel like a dork when I can't do an exercise with a reasonable amount of weight for a guy my size and build. I know it's something I just have to get over but man it's pretty ego deflating.

Well, if you recognise it's only about ego, I think the solution is quite obvious - get over it and do what is best for you. There really is nothing quite like the Squat! It's the king of leg exercises.

A question I have is about repetition of the same exercise in following workouts. I was to the understanding that it was better not to try to work the same muscle groups in following workouts.

Different things work for different people. Just experiment and see what works best for you. Personally, I found that stimulating (not too much) the whole body during every workout works for me. Size AND strenght wise.