How to correct my posture

no_oops

I have really bad posture. I'm only 18 so I assume that it is fixable. I try to make an effort every day to stand up straighter, but it's still difficult. Is that anything that I can do to help, other than practicing standing up straight? Is there anything, for example, that I can do while I sleep? (like wearing something that will keep my back straight)

I have really bad posture. I'm only 18 so I assume that it is fixable. I try to make an effort every day to stand up straighter, but it's still difficult. Is that anything that I can do to help, other than practicing standing up straight? Is there anything, for example, that I can do while I sleep? (like wearing something that will keep my back straight)

The most effective things I found are

1. Swim 3 times a week for at least 20 min, but only using the backstroke

2. Sit with a lumbar support role between your chair and the small of your back. It makes it easy to stay sitting up straight which encourages better posture.

http://www.healthyback.com/products/mckenzie/mckenzie-original-roll/31

3. When you straighten up don't think bending yourself backwards to straighten out. Instead imagine a chord on the top of your head pulling you up vertically. This will activate different muscles, the right ones in right ways to make it easier to stay straight.

Practice, practice, practice