Jack Norris, vegan Registered Dietitian on Raw Diets

"I dont see anything wrong with questioning or even debating, bouncing ideas of each other etc. but please for the love of GOD, just TRY and respect each other."

I think this is such a touchy subject because it speaks to our highest spiritual potential, as well as physical, and their are buttons pushed when there are suggestions of "superiority" in the air around this subject.

My personal experience, for ME, and ONLY me, is that I can not maintain a 100% raw lifestyle as a self employed single mom, with no child support, trying to keep life happening. However, it is not for me to presume that others can't make it work. I fully support them that they can.

I really like Dr. Fuhrman's view (drfuhrman.com/"eat to live" book). He suggests that some cooked plant food is necessary for a full spectrum of nutrients in one's diet because of the need to break down cellulose in a way that just high speed blending can't do. Does that mean that I am putting down raw people? please...come on. I'm just sharing an opinion.

I have been raw, I've been cooked, I've been junk food cooked...oy vey. I'll tell you what-I am just happy as heaven that I am back to a whole food, high nutrient content PLANT BASED diet, with at least 30-50% raw daily. I feel FANTASTIC, look 15 years younger than I am (I'm 44) and am healthy. I'm really ok with that! Love and blessings to everybody!!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for some reason, my last post got cut in half. I had said that I have been vegan and raw on and off for over 20 years, and even have raw food teacher certification. The longest I was able to stay 100% raw was 3 months, but usually I last 6-11 weeks before caving, lol.

I have studied the gamut of opinions about raw and I will say that I believe personally that 811 is the smartest and probably most sustainable way of being raw long term. THat being said, however, it is also a very high VIBRATION way of being, which I do NOT believe everyone is ready for.

In addition, because raw speaks to an innate knowing we all have of our highest spiritual and physical potential, it can ooze superiority and I think that's what pushes people's buttons. There is nothing wrong with someone who isnt' able to be sustained, physically or emotionally, on all raw food! That's all I said before-merci!

I have studied the gamut of opinions about raw and I will say that I believe personally that 811 is the smartest and probably most sustainable way of being raw long term. THat being said, however, it is also a very high VIBRATION way of being, which I do NOT believe everyone is ready for.

In addition, because raw speaks to an innate knowing we all have of our highest spiritual and physical potential, it can ooze superiority and I think that's what pushes people's buttons. There is nothing wrong with someone who isnt' able to be sustained, physically or emotionally, on all raw food! That's all I said before-merci!

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/7274/dylanconfusexx1.gif

"What the hell is that supposed to mean? I had no idea until recently there was so much David Icke type psycho babble behind a lot of raw foodism."

ok, putting down David Icke is where I draw the line....(so just kidding)

Now, listen, you. I am a medical intuitive and spiritual teacher. I read people's energy fields for a living and am actually very accurate. (forgiveandawaken.com) The way it works is like this.

Everything in the manifest universe is really just information in the form of vibration (quantum mechanics-already scientifically proven). our mind can be trained, and some are born already "turned on" (I wasn't-I trained myself) to literally "tune into" the frequency of the vibration of whatever "manifest" element we want to "read". Then literally like a radio, the mind can interpret the information in that vibrational signal-exactly like radio waves. Its pretty cool.

I have done the raw thing so many times that I've had some experience with the "vibrational variations" that occur from going raw, and not being raw, and other ways of eating. Thats all I was trying to describe.

the 811 is short for "80/10/10"-Doug Grahams system for being raw-80% carbs (sweet, fresh fruit), 10% protein (nuts, seeds, etc), 10% leafy greens...please forgive me if I am not describing that perfectly....tough to stick to, for me, but makes me feel SO alive, so high vibe....I will continue to do it 2 weeks in the spring and fall to detox every year. Maybe more often...just have to see how life goes.

Oh no, something we dont understand.... quick, ridicule it!!

You never know guys, if you listen, you might learn something

Yeah! But, of course, everyone knows that our auras are actually comprised of our own thetans and various body thetans who attach themselves to us due to the trauma of Incident II.

I'm just stirring up a bit of fun -

No seriousness meant

I am someone who likes to keep an intelligent, open mind, as opposed to a closed one.If you take the time to study unknown phenomena, like vibrations, ufo's etc you will see that infact there is something behind it all.If you keep a closed mind you will never really see anything.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

Albert Einstein

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Albert Einstein

I am someone who likes to keep an intelligent, open mind, as opposed to a closed one.If you take the time to study unknown phenomena, like vibrations, ufo's etc you will see that infact there is something behind it all.If you keep a closed mind you will never really see anything.

There is a difference between keeping an open mind and believing absolutely anything, though. And there's certainly a difference between keeping an open mind and incorrectly applying science to metaphysics.

I'm ok with people believing in ESP, UFOs, ghosts, vampires, gods, angels, Xenu, Rick Santorum, the Illuminati, or delicious vegan "cheese," even if I think they're all imaginary. But I don't agree with claiming scientific fact behind these things and selling them to people. There should be at least a minimal burden of proof.

I'm ok with people believing in ESP, UFOs, ghosts, vampires, gods, angels, Xenu, Rick Santorum, the Illuminati, or delicious vegan "cheese," even if I think they're all imaginary

Fair point mate.Think about this though.UFO sightings have been reported, even in newspapers as far back as the 1700's & accounts of similar unknown flying objects are found in almost all historical cultures.Since the 1600's there have been literally millions of sightings & experiences from every corner of the planet.I personally have seen 2 with my own eyes at a very short range, which is why I know they are real.I completely understand that a huge amount of these are just lies, publicity or misidentification but it only takes 1 single sighting to prove that craft that are not made by humans have been here & observed us - can anyone really argue with this logic?

But I don't agree with claiming scientific fact behind these things and selling them to people. There should be at least a minimal burden of proof.

I couldnt agree more.Some tangible verification must be obtained before these kind of things can be looked at as worthy of interest.the problem is, people often change, alter & invent the criteria for what constitutes proof.When hundreds of people in a city see UFO's in broad daylight, that counts as proof enough for me.But for others, only a UFO in a laboratory will do, with complimentary squirming aliens on a table.

I'm ok with people believing in ESP, UFOs, ghosts, vampires, gods, angels, Xenu, Rick Santorum, the Illuminati, or delicious vegan "cheese," even if I think they're all imaginary

Fair point mate.Think about this though.UFO sightings have been reported, even in newspapers as far back as the 1700's & accounts of similar unknown flying objects are found in almost all historical cultures.Since the 1600's there have been literally millions of sightings & experiences from every corner of the planet.I personally have seen 2 with my own eyes at a very short range, which is why I know they are real.I completely understand that a huge amount of these are just lies, publicity or misidentification but it only takes 1 single sighting to prove that craft that are not made by humans have been here & observed us - can anyone really argue with this logic?

Human perception is notoriously unreliable. Our brains are constantly making what are essentially educated guesses trying to piece together the world around us. Sometimes we don't even recognize familiar things right in front of our faces. I don't find it unlikely that we, as a species, are constantly encountering phenomena we can't explain or we interpret incorrectly, and to which we then attribute paranormal explanations. Think about all the things we're familiar with now that would have seemed like magic just 100 or 200 years ago. It might be that we're like cavemen looking at the aurora borealis.

Or, they could be visitors from another world. That's certainly not impossible either. I just think it's far more likely it's something native to our planet that we don't understand. I find it hard to believe that intelligent life capable of interstellar travel would come here and just hover over farmers and buzz by our planes.

But I don't agree with claiming scientific fact behind these things and selling them to people. There should be at least a minimal burden of proof.

I couldnt agree more.Some tangible verification must be obtained before these kind of things can be looked at as worthy of interest.the problem is, people often change, alter & invent the criteria for what constitutes proof.When hundreds of people in a city see UFO's in broad daylight, that counts as proof enough for me.But for others, only a UFO in a laboratory will do, with complimentary squirming aliens on a table.

I think it depends on the situation. I haven't read about any particularly convincing close encounters, though, so if you have any, please feel free to send them to me. If nothing else, I do enjoy reading them.

Blabbate, fair points mate.If you have an passing interest then I will recount my story.I understand that it is not possible to believe people based on their word.That being said I would like to say in my defense, that I believe in many things but the 2 strongest beliefs I have are in animal rights, and in being truthful at all times.I define myself by those ethics, & I swear that my account is honest:

Back in 1998 I was seeing this girl from college.She was house sitting her nans house & we had been doing the usual stuff, having dinner & watching a bit of TV.To cut a long story short, I saw 2 large lights coming from the garden.The garden backed onto a horse field so I was a little wary of what those lights could be (thinking maybe burglars)

I went out & realised that the lights were actually about 100 metres away in the field, but above it slightly.At first I thought it was a plane or helicopter, but upon looking again, I realised this was not the case.I grew up living next to an airfield.I have seen planes of all sorts, helicopters, balloons & gliders, but this was different.The 2 lights were not moving at all, and were both white - which as you may know, is unusual for aircraft which carry more than one colour light, to identify themselves.Even from just 100 metres, these things were silent.A helicoptor at that range is audible.With a gentle rolling movement they moved away, at which point I could clearly see the shape of them, which was elliptical.

I am not saying they were aliens from another world.I am just saying they were unidentified flying objects.If you look, you can find many reliable accounts of sightings, from all sorts of people, many pilots, & sometimes from groups of peoples.Type foo fighters into google & you will find very interesting references to ufo's during WW2.There is also alot of classic disc shaped ufo's depicted in paintings from the classical periods of European art.Again just google 'ufos in history'

What im saying is that it is undersatndable to view modern reports as a load of turd, because there alot of publicity seekers & crazy people.But it is harder to view it this way, when you go back 50 or 100 years, or more

Edited by DaN

Aren't you the guy who used to burn 1/4oz of weed every day?

Jaleel, cannabis is not hallucinogenic.

dude I'm laughing so hard I can't breathe. I might die, holy crap

Johan, I dont understand why it is funny I am not the only one who has seen ufo.Robert has also had a sighting, ask him if you want.Is he crazy too? I think you find it so unbelievable becasue you have never been close to anything like that... would you still not believe it if it was a member of your family or close friend who saw it?

You need to take a chill pill you know ? (Miss Swan's voice)

Not really sure you have posted in the right thread? lol, I dont think anyone is stressed here?

Well ppl have covered so many things. Lol. Personally I believe UFO's, communion with spirits, and many other things of possibly higher wavelengths are simply a distraction from our own higher purpose in life (self knowledge anyone?). I see these things as "outer" experiences, and the realization of self as "inner" experience.

On a bit of a tangent, when we were little, we found wonder in objects that appear mundane to us now. These object no longer inspire those loving/good feeling in our hearts, and are not important to us. Some we may use for survival or nourishment and therefore still serve their purpose, but many do not and we discard them. So if UFO's serve a purpose, it is good. But really there should be a tangible force that serves the entire humanity without dicrimination imo.

Hope this helps some people.

P.S. I wanted to talk about the 811 diet, I've been on it for 5 days now, averaging less than 10% calories from fats and protein, and about 82% from carbs. I did a high fruit diet once that had about 35% calories from fat and it was a total disaster. This version of a high fruit diet provides stable blood sugar and energy throughout the day.

One of the big things it seams, is limiting your fat intake to a large salad at the end of the day (from nuts, seeds, olives, avocadoes), and it seams to work really well. Most fruits seam to be about 4% calories from fat and same for protein, and some some fruits are like 7% from protein (watermelon). This may be insignificant for someone who want 20-30% from protein, but with this 80/10/10 raw vegan way of eating your getting alot of your protein from fruit, since you're consuming basically as much as you can eat. I have 3 large fruit meals per day, or sometimes 2 meals within an hour and a half and count it as one. The large salad at the end of the day where you eat as much vegies and greens as you can (with small amounts of fatty foods) takes care of the rest of the protein.

This diet was developed by a sports nutritionist. I have an audio file of him in an interview where he talks about a basketball player who only had 1 year of pro time left (they said he was too old) and he wanted to perform the best he could for that year, and in that year he played better than at any other time, he was the fittest person on the team, and he also played for 5 more years. You could say this was just coz he cut out cooked carbs or dairy or meat or because he went raw or some other reason. But for now this diet is working wonders for me, so I'll stick with it, and maybe introduce things along the way for a couple days or weaks to see if there's any improvement, like higher than 10% protein by adding blue-green algaes and bean sprouts.

-calusa

Johan, I dont understand why it is funny I am not the only one who has seen ufo.Robert has also had a sighting, ask him if you want.Is he crazy too? I think you find it so unbelievable becasue you have never been close to anything like that... would you still not believe it if it was a member of your family or close friend who saw it?

I personally have seen 2 with my own eyes at a very short range, which is why I know they are real.

Aren't you the guy who used to burn 1/4oz of weed every day?

Wasn't really laughing at your UFO story but at jaleels comment. I have a lot of doubts about UFOs and if someone in my family told me that they saw it I would probably want a drug test of them.