MaryStella's Triathlon training crossfit endurance

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RC - least I could do. Can't wait to see it.

Today was all about medicine. Met with the orthopaedic surgeon, I am going on Friday to the hospital to a have a cyst and fluid drained out of my shoulder. Want to see if the combo of this procedure along with some rehab will help my shoulder any. If it doesn't then I will need surgery but we are going to try this first since I have been dealing with the tears for awhile now.

Also starting more aggressive antibiotics today to try to rid myself of the sinus infections I've had for weeks now. Going to get a cat scan and bloodwork too.

Feeling tired tonight so I took the day off.

Forgot to post my food for the day

Meal 1 - VEGA WFO with Hemp Milk

Meal 2 - Walnut and Hemp Seed Burger, Spinach Salad Tahini Dressing

Meal 3 - Suncake

Meal 4 - 2 Sprouted Wheat Berry Bagels - normally don't eat something like this but I needed something in my stomach to help absorb my heavy antibiotics as they kill my stomach. Also with all of the dr. appts. didn't have time to cook.

Handful of Sunflower Sesame Seed Spelt Crackers - again used them to take some medicine with.

If anyone has other food items that are good for taking antibiotics with to help reduce stomach pain please let me know.

Oatmeal. Good idea. Thanks 4 that ALUCK! My stomach is killing me all day and night.

@thendanisays - thanks a ton. I am not feeling like a badass lately I am just feeling bad. But trying to take care of it so I can get back to it. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Sleeping last night was rough, my shoulder was hurting after all the tests the dr. did on it. It still hurt today during the day too. Also I felt really bad last night but I think my new antibiotics are working as I am feeling better today. Got my bloodwork and catscan done today. Need to get myself ready for the procedure tomorrow. Hopefully it will go well. Hope to get to the gym later but have a lot to do tonight.

Meal 1 - VEGA WFO w/Hemp Milk

Meal 2 - Larabar - Cashew Cookie

Meal 3 - Tempeh & Green Beans

Meal 4 - Lentil Soup with Kale, Sprouted Wheat Berry Bagel (with antibiotic)

Got a small workout in. Guess it was better than nothing. Not sure if I will be able to do anything tomorrow, will have to see how the shoulder feels and the Dr.'s instructions are. So tonight was

Shoulder Stability Circuit: 3 X 15 w/ 5 lb DBs

V Raises, Rear Delt Raises, Scapular Pushups

Face Pulls - 3 x 15 @ 40 lbs

Superset - 3 rounds of

Walking lunges holding 20 lbs

Bicep Curls w/ 20 lbs - 15 reps each set

This actually tired me out a bit guess I am still not feeling well with the whole sinus infection.

I wasn't able to get my shoulder drained today. Had a bunch of tests done but they were not able to reach where the cyst is. Waiting to hear what we are going to do now. Most likely surgery. My meals were horrible today as I spend a bunch of time at the hospital and then was very busy at work to catch up so I didn't have access to my normal food most of the day.

Meal 1 - VEGA WFO w/ Hemo Milk Coconut Water

Meal 2 - Sprouted Wheat Berry Bagel

Meal 3 - Odwalla Bar & Lara Bar

Meal 4 - Suncake

Meal 5 - BOBOS Oat Bar

Meal 6 - Brown Rice Pasta, Spinach, White Beans, Cashews, Onions w/ antibiotic

Think the new Antibiotic is working because I am finally starting to really feel better.

Workout

Shoulder Stability Circuit - 6lb Dbs - 3 X 15 - V Raises, Rear Delt Raises, Scapular Pushups

Face Pulls - 40 lbs - 3 X 15

Superset 3 rounds of

Back Extensions - Body Weight X 15

Ball Situps - BW x 30

Superset - 3 rounds

V Raises w/ Ball x 30

Tricep Extensions - 40 lbs X 10

Superset - 3 rounds

Inner Thigh 100 X 10

Outer Thigh 150 X 10

Superset - 3 rounds

Decline Bench Situps - BW x 20

Plank Hold 1 minute

Run Stairs - 20 minutes - 108 floors 2.26 miles

@aluck -- Hee hee - yeah they food wasn't actually horrible I just hate eating stuff like bars instead of actual fruit and veggies. I didn't expect the day to go that way or I would have been better prepared. Thanks for sending the mail I didn't get it yet and I will let you know when I do. I am going to call the surgeon next week and see what we are doing.

I'm so psyched right now. I just visited Crossfit NEPA. My training partner Brennan is opening the first crossfit gym in this area and it is really sweet. I needed something really positive like this right now in my life. I have a huge smile on my face. It isn't ready to open yet but it is going to be so sexy when it does. Brennan has asked me to get certified and become a trainer there which I am going to do as soon as the shoulder and schedule allow. I am really looking forward to this opportunity in my life to positively influence others lives with fitness and nutrition. I hope to build with brennan a culture based around fitness where we motivate our community to higher standards of health and wellness. I am so excited for this opportunity and really hope that it works out.

Am workout with brennan - it was so great to workout with him again. we train so well together. Most of the gym stares at us like we are completely out of minds but I love it. Normally we workout together every morning but i haven't been getting up early to train since i've been sick for so long. I am finally starting to really feel better and hope to get back to doubles.

AM - Modified Crossfit Workout of the Day

"Tabata Something Else"

Complete 32 intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by ten seconds of rest where the first 8 intervals are pull-ups, the second 8 are push-ups, the third 8 intervals are sit-ups, and finally, the last 8 intervals are squats. There is no rest between exercises.

Had to swap out pullups as I can't do anything overhead with my shoulder right now and no pushups either.

So my workout looks like this

interval 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Squats 20 20 17 19 20 18 18 18

situps 15 17 17 16 18 16 16 16

lunges 11 12 12 12 13 12 12 13

flutter 30 32 30 29 30 24 26 22

kicks

Face Pulls - 45 lbs X 15 x 3

Hope to get a run in later today.

Thanks lobsteriffic!

I didn't get another work in today but here were my meals. my appetite is finally coming back now that I am feeling better.

Meal 1 VEGA WFO w/ coconut water Rice Milk

Meal 2 Sprouted Wheat Berry Bagel

Meal 3 Larabar

Meal 4 Adzuki Beans, Quinoa, Sesame Seeds, Vega OIL, Broccoli, Yellow Squash, Green Onions, Garlic

Meal 5 Tempeh, Onions, Celery, Red Pepper, Kale, Garlic, Tahin

Meal 6 Banana

5.3.9 - Crossfit Workout of the Day "HANSEN"

5 rounds for time of

30 Kettlebell swings (because shoulder injury used 20 lb DB

30 Burpees (with scapular pushup at extension and vertical jump at top)

30 Glute Ham Situps

Time 26:27

Face Pulls - 45lbs X 15 X 3

Shoulder Stability Superset w/ 5 lb DBS - 3 x 15

V raises and Rear Delt Raises

Meal 1 - Vega WFO w/ Coconut Water and rice Milk

Meal 2 - 3 tablespoons of Protein Fudge

Meal 3 - Lima Beans, Tomatoes, onions, garlic, Broccoli, Spinach, Whole Wheat Cous Cous, Almonds

@aluck - not commiting to anything until I find out when the shoulder surgery etc will be. Not sure I could be ready that early anyway. I am thinking more like october or november. but don't let me know stop you. I'll be cheering you on even if you do it without me.

Today must have been a refuel food day because I ate a ton and things I wouldn't normally eat. Maybe cause I am finally getting over the sinus infection and could taste good again.

Meal 4 - Peanut Butter and Wheat Crackers, Chocolate Green tea cookie (mmm!) 2 pieces of Loving Earth Chocolate Mint Bar!(MMMMMMMMM!)

Meal 5 - White Beans, Tempeh, Carrots, Tomatoes, Onions, Garlic, Shallots, Sprouted Wheat Berry Bagel w/ antibiotic

your workouts sound so similar to the ones at my gym.

I go to a circuit training gym. (except I've been lifting heavy and avoiding the cardio component for a few weeks)

Do you do the workouts by yourself or at a gym with a circuit laid out?

@ jw - I do the "Crossfit" workout of the day (modified if necessary) currently at a regular gym with my workout partner brennan or by myself. Usually people start at us because of how intense the workouts are. check out www.crossfit.com if your interested. However really soon brennan will be opening the first crossfit gym in my area so I will start going there. He has asked me to get certified and start training there too so that will be in my future once I get my shoulder surgically repaired.

Got my Catscan back and my sinuses are still blocked so more meds more times a day at higher doses. YUCK! if this doesn't clear up in a week or so I will have to go and get my sinuses drained. really hoping that doesn't happen.

Workout:

Run 4 miles 35 minutes.

Face Pulls 45lbs 3 x 15

Shoulder Stability Circuit - 3 x 15 w/6lb Dbs - V raises, Rear Delt Raises, Scapular Pushups

Meal 1 - VEGA WFO

Meal 2 - Clif Bar

Meal 3 - White Beans, Tempeh, Carrots Onions and Garlic

Meal 4 - Granola with Rice Milk banana

Meal 5 - Lima Beans with tomatoes, Onions, Garlic Sprouted Wheat Berry Bagel (antibiotics)