Hailing from Sacramento, CA

veganjons75

Hi all, been vegan for about 8 years now. I'm 5' 10" 145 lbs and tired of giving vegans a bad name. Always get the "you aren't getting enough protein" line from people.

Funny thing is I weighed the same when I ate meat. I have read the site and have greatly increased my caloric intake lately. The key is definitely eating 5 to 6 times a day and it is helping.

Also, I am taking weight lifting at school where we use a journal which makes more of a difference then I thought it would. My goal is to gain as much mass as possible so am doing the heavy weights 12-10-8 reps three sets each. Any other vegans in Sacramento area want a workout partner? Always looking for advice. Thanks in advance.

Welcome!

If you want to get an optimal diet as well as optimal workouts, start a training log here. Loads of people will read it and suggest if you can do something better!

If you want to gain mass, go for large moves such as squats and deadlifts. You'll only need a few sets at a single workout and you'll gain loads of muscle real soon.

• 2 weeks later...