Biking across the country for charity!!!

chesty leroux

Hey guys,

Haven't been around much. Kinda have this two jobs/still trying to get my degree/trying to get in shape thing going on.

Anyways, over the summer I will be riding my bike across the country with a non-profit organization called Bike and Build. Not only do we ride across the country, we help build houses along the way with organizations like habitat for humanities. It's totally awesome. Before I go I am trying to lose 50 pounds and use Vega as my main supplement in my training so I can represent!

Anyways I have to fundraise $4000 before I go so I wanted to post the link and if anyone is interested in donating that would be totally awesome.

http://www.bikeandbuild.org/donate

pick my name Ashley Berkman from the drop down list to make a donation. Any amount will help. There are so many members, if everyone gave me a few bucks that would be enough to get me started!

Also if anyone has any fundraising ideas that would be sweet too. So far I've had some bake sales, and this weekend I am putting on an open mic night at a local coffee shop. We are also going to have a garage sale/barbeque with a cake walk ( star of the show will be vegan dreamsickle cake) and possibly an 80's prom if we can find a venue that will let us do it for free!!!!

Please help, and pass along to anyone you know who might be interested in donating!

Thanks,

Love ash

Ya the whole idea of bike and build it totally amazing! It kindof blew my mind when I heard about it. I wanted to ride my bike across the country anyways, but this seems the best way to do it, with a group of likeminded young people...and with an organized cause. I'm not just raising money, I'm donating my time and body. The concept of helping to build peoples houses is totally sweet. My trip builds for 5 days in New Orleans and a few days here an there in a bunch of other places! You should look into it. There might be spots left for this year but if not this year, Ages are 18-25 so youve got a few more summers!

-ash

Thanks Laura! It is a great organization! I am so excited to be working with them. As a young person I don't have the financial means to really support charities, but I can give up my time and my body and do some work to help other people!!! We'll see how this summer goes, maybe next year I can plan a fundraising ride for farm sanctuary my fav animal rescue charity!

Anywaysm if anyone else thinks this is cool please consider donating!!!! I need all the help I can get.

Thanks

love ash

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys fundraising is going alright, I had a garage sale/vegan barbeque last weekend that went pretty well. I still need more help! I have a deadling this week and need $1000 more dollars by friday so if anyone can help at all please consider donating to bike and build in my name!

Every bit helps!!!!

Thanks,

Ashley

http://www.bikeandbuild.org/donate

donate in my name! ashley berkman

• 3 weeks later...