Yo

gee

Hi,

I met Robert at a meeting in Seattle and then saw him again at a vegan fest.

I have just finished the Thrive book from Brendan which I found very interesting.

I am digging way more into this now.

Thanks for this experience!

John

Kool! The thrive diet book is one of my favs. Did you make any of the recipes yet? Most of them are awesome.

Not yet, but I will probably try in the future, and re-read it for sure as it is a very interesting book.

Well I've been drinking Vega since then and I am pretty happy with it.

I am thinking of buying copies for some people in my family with poor diet (non vegan but still could help...)

Hey John,

Great to see you on here! Nice seeing you a couple of times in Seattle/Bellevue. Awesome to see you on the forum. Please explore around and have fun.

All the best and welcome aboard!

It was great meeting you and learning so much.

I have been reading a lot about the things mentioned in the book and today thought I should come here and say hi

I am thinking of buying copies for some people in my family with poor diet (non vegan but still could help...)

I've been trying to do this for my family ever since I went vegan! It's a lost cause I hope it works better for you than me....

Welcome!

@apple: well for now they listen quite well when I said try Kale, Quinoa, Maca, etc... They won't listen if I say stop eating meat, but replacing one veggie by another or one grain by another is not an issue.

@MaryStella: yep I found that yesterday and signed up, we'll see what this is about

Welcome, John!

BTW, I think the best way to get objective information about veganism is to read this forum and ask if you have any questions. You'll often get info from both sides (holistic and scientific opinion). That's why I prefer this forum, not just books.

@Tasha: Yep I bought Vega Smoothie from you at the VegFest stand Sunday.

@Octopussoir && mikkei: Thanks

@Tuc: I will do that. I think Robert already knows that I am a question mark on feet.

• 5 months later...

Summary of the past months:

So I have been vegan for about 6 months or so, way longer than whenever I tried before to be vegetarian.

I think this time 2 things helped, for one I actually like the tofu I currently buy whereas I did not like the previous one (some sprouted based tofu at whole food) and I do get plenty of different beans too, not just tofu every day

I do not miss meat, but honestly I was a big meat eater so when I see something that I used to like, I still feel myself salivating...

Being vegan is a LOT harder than being vegetarian, eggs and milk are everywhere, I never realized that before, so I probably had some things like that by accident once in a while. I cannot tell people why I am vegan and not vegetarian, I do not really know, I guess I wanted to try that and see it for myself, today I am not sure if I will stay like that for good.

As for weight? unlike vegetarian diet which did not change me much, I lost about 15lbs since I switched to a vegan diet, but for the past 2 weeks I have been slowly getting it back up. Another thing might have been the cause of me dropping weight, I stopped any gluten-based product to see if I am gluten intolerant or not but I don't see much of a difference. On the other hand, dropping nuts seems to make me feel better, especially the coconut oil in my morning shakes.

I'll see where this journey takes me,

John