Lobsteriffic's Training Log - Oct. 31st Marathon Here I Come

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's cute. And creepy. I like it.

I had an IUD inserted yesterday...not going to lie....I was in a lot of pain afterward. Spent the day on the couch barely moving. Still hurting today, but not nearly as much. The good news is that I'm no longer on hormonal birth control and that makes me happy.

I didn't realize how much November's crazy comps time affected me...I have been sleeping a LOT. Recuperating from all of those nights with insomnia I suppose. I leave for the holidays fairly soon so I am trying to get organized for that. There's a gym in my parents' town that I am going to see about buying a temporary pass for...it's not the greatest, but it has some weights (mostly machines) and some cardio equipment.

I talked my wife out of taking the pill over 30 years ago. Used other methods, well 4 kids later. LOL. I knew They were bad for women, I mean it doesn't take a scientist to come to that conclusion. That's good for you. Now tell you hubby you've got to get rid of the IUD LOL. Have fun on you Holiday!

• 3 weeks later...

Alright so we arrived back yesterday...had a really relaxing trip. I went to the local town gym a few times the first week I was home...not much there, did some time on the treadmill, played with a few dumbbells....the second week I was traveling around more and didn't make it in. Back to the gym tomorrow morning. After 2 weeks going first thing in the morning is going to be hard. Ugh. Going grocery shopping later today...not much food in the house. I need to stock up on fresh fruits and veggies...have a bit of Christmas pudge to get rid of and I'm looking forward to eating more greens...I feel kind of sluggish from too much starch and booze.

Hope everyone else had a great holiday!

Didn't sleep too well last night. I was okay in the AM, but it's only 1:00 PM and I'm ready for bed.

Monday, January 4th:

Squats:

95 x 5

95 x 5

95 x 5

95 x 5

95 x 5 this set sucked...my depth wasn't too great

Incline DB Press:

20 x 8

22.5 x 8

22.5 x 8

One-Armed DB Row:

27.5 x 12

27.5 x 12

27.5 x 12

Did 20 min. of jog/walk intervals

The university pool is STILL closed for maintenance...they say possibly until Jan. 15th. That really sucks. I haven't been swimming in over a month. Oh well.

Smoothie with protein powder, spinach, berries, and banana

Salad with romaine, red onion, radish, and mushrooms; leftover Mediterranean white beans, 2 mandarins

Moroccan chickpea stew, roasted cauliflower, pineapple

Tuesday, January 5th:

Swimming pool closed so did jogging instead:

5 min. warm up

12 min. jog

3 min. walk

5 min. jog

5 min. cool down

15 min. abs & stretching

Smoothie with protein powder, spinach, berries, banana, and flax

Salad with romaine, cauliflower, mushrooms, radish, chickpeas, and dijon dressing; 2 mandarins

Apple

Ratatouille with white beans; kale & cauliflower salad; mango

Wednesday, January 6th:

I didn't sleep too well so I was majorly tired this morning at the gym...had trouble concentrating on my work out.

Close-Grip Bench:

65 x 5

65 x 5

65 x 5

65 x 5

65 x 4 Felt really weak this morning...

Lat Pulldown:

60 x 8

60 x 8

60 x 8

Leg Press: Major DOMS in my quads from squats on Monday so these kind of sucked...

90 x 12

90 x 12

90 x 12

Stationary bike for 30 min.

Smoothie with protein powder, spinach, flax, frozen fruit, and banana

Salad with romaine, chickpeas, onion, cauliflower, cucumber, celery, mushrooms, and mustard dressing; mango

Apple

Split pea dal; roasted brussel sprouts; 2 mandarins

I didn't do any lower body stuff on Tuesday. So Monday squats, Tuesday just did cardio, Wednesday did leg press. I usually go lighter on Wednesdays on the leg press and heavier on Monday for the squats.

My schedule is all messed up right now because of the stupid pool being closed. Grr.

oh sorry i misread that. i never know how long to rest when i have serious hardcore DOMS.

Until you're no longer in pain? I'm no expert but it would seem a bit unproductive to me to damage your muscles while they are trying to repair themselves. Bit of a burn or what have ya, yeah sure, but being in agony already on your first lift would seem a bit counter productive?

Thursday, January 7th:

Legs still a bit sore. Read online that light cardio can help with DOMS so that's what I did.

5 min. warm-up

20 min. slow jog

5 min. cool down

abs and stretching

I don't know why I was so hungry today...probably because it's ridiculously cold.

Ate way too much. Probably because it was so cold out...felt really hungry.

Friday, January 8th:

Negative Chins:

5 sets of 5

RDL's:

95 x 8

95 x 8

95 x 8

I could go heavier on these but my grip sucks so much. I need to work on that.

Flat DB Press:

25 x 10

25 x 10

20 x 10

25 min. jog on treadmill

bit of stretching

Smoothie with protein powder, spinach, frozen fruit, banana, and flax

Salad with romaine, white beans, cucumber, celery, radish, onion, and mustard dressing; apple

Lentil & artichoke stew; roasted cauliflower; apple, orange