Guest 4X4

Hi everyone! My name is 4x4. I became a strict vegetarian about 2 years ago for minor health issues slightly overweight and slightly elevated cholesterol. I've been lifting weights to increase my strength for about a year. I'm not a bodybuilder, powerlifter, or olympiclifter.

Nice to meet you all.

The reason why I joined this forum is because I recently got attacked on a powerlifting forum because of what I eat. It was more like abuse.

One guy said I won't get strong unless I eat meat, eggs, and dairy. This coming from a person who admits to using anabolics.

Welcome to the community. The likelihood of you getting attacked here for what you eat or lift is next to nil.
A lot of the jerks who attacked me are FAT powerlifters with sleep apnea and take medications for high blood pressure. They get most of their daily caloric intake from meat.

Sleep disordered breathing is associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular disease, stroke, high blood pressure, arrhythmias, diabetes, and accidents..... Sleep apnea sufferers also have a 30% higher risk of heart attack or premature death than those unaffected. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_apnea
"If you think you can excel in any sport without a base level of conditioning, you're out of your mind. The days of over-fat, bloated, can’t breathe, can’t sleep powerlifters are over!"-Dave Tate of Westside Barbell