A Rookie just beat out a bunch of IFBB Veteran Pros

That's the dude in my display picture. Evan Centopani. Guy went pro after only three years of serious training. His '07 NPC Nationals win got him some serious attention, but it's good that he's getting even more exposure now.

I'm not surprised Markus came in 3rd. He always comes into competitions below peak condition. If he wanted he could have easily ranked higher in the Olympia back in 2006.

That's the dude in my display picture. Evan Centopani. Guy went pro after only three years of serious training. His '07 NPC Nationals win got him some serious attention, but it's good that he's getting even more exposure now.

I'm not surprised Markus came in 3rd. He always comes into competitions below peak condition. If he wanted he could have easily ranked higher in the Olympia back in 2006.

I never understood why Ruhl comes in so low in rankings. I don't buy the "below peak conditions" thing either. I actually think he's just TOO big, like people can't wrap their head around it.

@ no_oops: None of these guys are remotely close to being natural, and to their credit none of them claim to be. The IFBB is an unnatural organization.

I never understood why Ruhl comes in so low in rankings. I don't buy the "below peak conditions" thing either. I actually think he's just TOO big, like people can't wrap their head around it.

@ no_oops: None of these guys are remotely close to being natural, and to their credit none of them claim to be. The IFBB is an unnatural organization.

I've never heard of a BBer being too big.

I was thinking the same thing

They aren't small, they just don't match up very with his biceps and other muscle groups and aren't real symmetrical on his body.

But I've seen some of his videos where his triceps look awesome! They just aren't as good as many other pros.

He is freaky big!

Nope, not legal, but not tested in the sport....some get busted at work or upon arrival of shipment or distribution and do time. I know a guy personally who spent 1.5 years in jail for involvement in trafficing steroids to pros.

He's out now, but refused to give names and spent 18 months behind bars. Other well known pros have been busted at work or other times.......many are not though.

It's just part of the sport. I hung out with Jay Cutler today...a user of course, but a role model for me anyway because of so many other reasons and he's such an awesome guy.