Good non-isolate proteins... you know, like in FOOD!!!

This is cos I'm bored of using Soya and without wanting to get into a discussion I've heard replying on it too much ain't good for your system.

So, what are good foods to wolf down after a work out?

Brown rice?

Humus, obvious choice..

I'm considering a 200g bag of grounded almonds too, any good?

i wouldnt recommend brown rice or almonds to have in a post workout meal. the rice digests slowly and almonds are very dense in fat, which slows down the digestion process even further. you want your body to digest the protein and carbohydrates that you have in your post workout meal as quickly as possible so that all of those nutrients reach your muscles and send you on the path to recovery immediately following your workout. foods that are high in protein and low in fat, such as beans, would be a good whole food choice to incorporate into your meal. adding simple carbs, such as having a glass of fruit juice, with your meal would also be beneficial as the insulin spike will help send the much needed nutrients to your muscles even quicker. if i were in your shoes, my meal would have a fair amount of beans and vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, peas, etc.. basically mixing foods to make a complete protein profile while containing as little fat as possible. the vegetables alone would yield a complete protein profile but adding the beans is necessary to get the proper amount of protein needed specifically for an after workout meal. as a note, i'm not an expert and i'm only speaking based on what i've studied and learned through personal experience. as always, question everything and do your research before taking off with what is recommended to you.

Some good stuff.

It's been my belief that drinking much liquid with a meal slows down digestion.

Three Bean Salad

Kidney beans, chickpeas, green beans, garlic, onions, celery, apple cider vinigar, sugar, olive oil, salt, sweet basil, thyme, pepper.

Taste better the second day.

what do you think about germs?

I think,they are fast digestable.

Don't know whether they're any good as a post-workout meal, but I nail a wheat germ and cocoa powder "shake" on lifting and non-lifting days alike. I use 50-60g of wheat germ and 20-30g of cocoa powder, which gives me about 30-35g of protein. According to nutritiondata.com, both wheat germ and cocoa contain a fair amount of high quality protein and plenty of vitamins and minerals.

Any additional comments on this, anyone?

what do you think about germs?

I think,they are fast digestable.

Don't know whether they're any good as a post-workout meal, but I nail a wheat germ and cocoa powder "shake" on lifting and non-lifting days alike. I use 50-60g of wheat germ and 20-30g of cocoa powder, which gives me about 30-35g of protein. According to nutritiondata.com, both wheat germ and cocoa contain a fair amount of high quality protein and plenty of vitamins and minerals.

Any additional comments on this, anyone?

Blending them will def speed digestion but wheat germs are high in fiber and fat and is probably not very good as a post-workout meal.

Blending them will def speed digestion but wheat germs are high in fiber and fat and is probably not very good as a post-workout meal.

Well, 60g of wheat germ and 20g of cocoa have 8g of fat in total, which doesn't seem to be all that much to me. But yeah, I agree that it isn't the best post-workout shake, but still way better than nothing, I suppose.

Well, 60g of wheat germ and 20g of cocoa have 8g of fat in total, which doesn't seem to be all that much to me. But yeah, I agree that it isn't the best post-workout shake, but still way better than nothing, I suppose.

Calorie wise it's not that much but it will slow down the release of the food from antrum to duodenum A LOT. Combined with the fiber you basically have a meal with low glycemic index.

Calorie wise it's not that much but it will slow down the release of the food from antrum to duodenum A LOT. Combined with the fiber you basically have a meal with low glycemic index.

Which means I shouldn't eat anything at all after working out?

Which means I shouldn't eat anything at all after working out?

I can not understand how you got that out of what I wrote.