people still trying to find a way to keep drinking milk ...

RAINRA

You know, when I thought about it, I don't think saying "cow's milk is only suitable for calves" is a very strong argument health-wise. I mean, what about various phytochemicals found in plants that are of benefit to us, yet one of the primary function of those is to protect the plants themselves. Does that mean that "antioxidants are only suitable for plants"?

Just a thought.

I agree.

I think vegans have dropped the ball with milk. Many people don't consider it as bad as meat, yet I know from my readings that from a cruelty standpoint and a health standpoint it is. "Milk is liquid meat" as they say. It is hard to find good and cheap literature that hammers away at milk. Most of the web sites about it are written by eccentric authors with dubious credentials and little creds.

Ethics aside, I'd probably eat meat before milk.

Not me. Not after seeing Earthlings. Of course, I'd be super picky and only drink milk from the cows raised around my town. There's a dairy farm down the road, and the cows are all grass fed. Sometimes I drive by and wave at them.

This is purely hypothetical as I can't drink milk without getting physically ill.

I just think milk tastes ing, I tried a sip after being veg a few years, sick!

Yeah, milk is downright nasty. I think I've had maybe 2 glasses of plain milk in my whole life, which were forced on me by a childhood friend that wouldn't let me have any snacks at his house until I drank a glass. Hated every second of chugging that gross crap down, but at the time, I guess the snacks were worth the torture (at about 10 or 11, there wasn't much I wouldn't do for sweets ).

I was quite allergic to milk as a baby. But, at the time, the train of thought was, if it doesn't kill him, keep giving it to him until the allergy disappears. So, on the advice of my pediatrician, my parents kept giving me dairy-based food until my body could tolerate it. Except, of course, I had constant mucus and cruddy asthma that came along with it - thanks for the advice, doc - my body REALLY needed that dairy

You know, when I thought about it, I don't think saying "cow's milk is only suitable for calves" is a very strong argument health-wise. I mean, what about various phytochemicals found in plants that are of benefit to us, yet one of the primary function of those is to protect the plants themselves. Does that mean that "antioxidants are only suitable for plants"?

Just a thought.

Actaully this arguement makes a lot of sense to me . "Cows make milk for their baby caves , they do not make milk for people " .

People do need to drink milk , human milk , when they are infants .We do not need to drink any animals milk as adults . The extra vitamins and etc found in milk are added to it , no different than taking a vitamin . They are not inherently found in milk itself ( vitamin D is the exception ).

The antibiotics given to cows and the resistance to antibiotics found in people are a REAL problem . This is a fact and probably the greatest reason not to touch the stuff .

Not to mention the FDA allows a tablespoon of puss and bile to found in each gallon of milk .

"Cows make milk for their baby caves , they do not make milk for people " .

"Plants make antioxidants for themselves, they do not make antioxidants for people."

It's not that we need antioxidants, they just make us healthier and let us live longer.

The antibiotics given to cows and the resistance to antibiotics found in people are a REAL problem . This is a fact and probably the greatest reason not to touch the stuff .

Not to mention the FDA allows a tablespoon of puss and bile to found in each gallon of milk .

Sure. But I wasn't talking about what's wrong with agriculture today (most plant foods're nasty enough these days, too) - that's a completely different topic.