Two good reasons to visit Ireland!!!!!

compassionategirl

Seeinf how I had never heard of the maoris before this thread, my question was about how widespread the "maoris menace" was to the "pet" lambs. Not about the NZ lamb industry in general.

I guess only a NZer can really address this, but I don't imagine that Maoris in general have a tendency to steal people's pet lambs, but rather that the person who stole Jza's lamb just happened to be Maori.

That's just my guess, and I'm really just addressing your question because no one else has yet, not because I'm in any way knowledgeable about NZ, lambs, or Maoris.

maori's are rather adept at theft and are many time more likely to have a criminal charge it

They are also the best rugby players in the world.

ireland isnt cold! the south western corner is one of the warmest places in the british isles as its on the head of the gulf stream!

Hot/cold is highly personal... I think it's too cold in Sacramento in the winter (most people would love the climate here), that's why I'm planning on moving to San Diego.

However, Ireland is really beautiful. I really enjoyed Connemara and Galway. Plus meeting other people of Norman ancestry was a bliss.

Maybe after the wedding we can jog over from Ireland to Scotland and crash a party over at Jonathan and Kathryn's place. Think they'd mind a visit from us and us sleeping on their couch?

On the second thought, if Jonathan cant handle our online flirtation, how is he gonna handle Tarz and Compash together in the flesh smack in the middle of his living room?

Maybe after the wedding we can jog over from Ireland to Scotland

A bit of swimmin might be necessary too.

awh bless em! these north americans! geography just isnt their strong point!!!

jonathan

I didn't want to say anythin......

jonathan

Tell me about it! I was on the phone as nicely as possible trying to explain the USPS (United States Postal Service) operator who was telling me they were trying to delivery a package my company sent to a customer that Singapore was not even near Sierra Leone (it's destination). After several minutes I about lost my patience, and explained (more loudly and slowly, so as to help him understand) that they were on the wrong continent! Arrrg!!!

Oh, wait.....I'm an American....HEY!!

So did the package go Singapore?

It was bound for Sierre Leone and the were trying to deliver it to Singapore (the US operator didn't understand the difference). Anyway, the Postal Service in Singapore wrote on the package that it was shipped to the wrong country and to forward it to Sierra Leone. Then US gets hold of it and delivers it back to me telling me it was in "insufficent address". "Hello...your in the wrong COUNTRY!", so now I fight with the US postmaster to get my money back on a package they failed to deliver.

It actually worked out to my benefit. The customer ordered the wrong size and the package was shipped before he had contacted us to correct it. So I sent out his replacement in the new size.

So did the package go Singapore?

It was bound for Sierre Leone and the were trying to deliver it to Singapore (the US operator didn't understand the difference). Anyway, the Postal Service in Singapore wrote on the package that it was shipped to the wrong country and to forward it to Sierra Leone. Then US gets hold of it and delivers it back to me telling me it was in "insufficent address". "Hello...your in the wrong COUNTRY!", so now I fight with the US postmaster to get my money back on a package they failed to deliver.

It actually worked out to my benefit. The customer ordered the wrong size and the package was shipped before he had contacted us to correct it. So I sent out his replacement in the new size.

Your package had quite an adventure. Dunno how anyone can confuse Sierra Leone with Singapore, not as if you could even confuse the names.

But how did the US postal service intercept it in transit between Singapore and Sierra Leone?? Normally there is nothing a national postal service can do once a package/letter is sent overseas until it is returned to the country of origin for whatever reason. A courier ( UPS, TNT, DHL etc ) on the other hand can intercept.

Glad it worked out for you in the end though.

jonathan

That's one interpretation, Jonny baby, but there is an alternative, more realistic one:

Among Compash's many talents is the ability to jog across wota.

Um, okay, but can we maybe doggy paddle then from Ireland to Scotland?

We can but try. The water will be very cold though, and more than a lil bit polluted.....

Um, okay, but can we maybe doggy paddle then from Ireland to Scotland?

We can but try. The water will be very cold though, and more than a lil bit polluted.....

I sell wetsuits & drysuits!