Pre-made supps (e.g. VEGA) are $$$$! Help me concoct my own

Hey All,

I'd really love to be able to afford VEGA. I really would. For those of you who aren't familiar with it (probably everyone already is) check out www.myvega.com.

But given that it is so darn expensive (I'd easily blow through the large, $60+ tub of 15 servings in a week or two)...I'm venturing to create my own concoction from cheaper, bulk sources of organic plant proteins. This is where I need everyone's advise, both on ingredients and vendors! Sidenote: I'm a 24yo guy, skinny, hardgainer. No need for low carbs for me! I'm aiming for between 30-40g of protein per drink ideally.

So whattaya all think: Hemp? Soy? Rice? Peas? Combos? I'm shooting for a "flat line" amino acid profile as I want to make sure I am getting all the right building blocks. I'd also like to have the right ratio/amount of Omega 3's/6's....whatever that ratio is!

According to Brendan Brazier (www.brendanbrazier.com and creator of VEGA), hemp is a complete protein by itself but is relatively low in the amino acid tryptophan - hence it pairs nicely with rice protein which is high in tryptophan. That's about all the knowledge I have.

So what do you think everybody? Any recipes you've all found to make the most biological and economic sense? I look forward to hearing and learning from you!

-newbie to veganism

Good suggestions....use a combination of a variety of ingredients that cover a variety of aspects of nutrition that you're looking to support.

A broad spectrum of amino acids, multiple protein sources, essential fats, quality carbohydrates, etc. are all things you can put in there.

You can blend up whole foods too...blend up tons of greens, some fruits, some protein powders and that should do it.

Additionally, if you want to get VEGA cheaper...here is an option:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18718

All the best!

Robert