Green Smoothie's

PCDIVA

Hello Everyone,

I just got into the Green Smoothie kick, even bought a book on different receipe's and OH SO GOOD, anyways my problem is that this process can be quite expensive on a weekly basis for example on this one smoothie that last 2 days I wasted an entire bag of spinach and other ingredients all in one shot.

Does anyone know of another way other than doing the FRESH GREEN SMOOTHIE's such as a shake in powder form that will be cheaper than buying all the green vegetables in the supermarket weekly?

Thanks

No, but how about that recipe that took all that spinach, I usually eat berriy smoothies and have not ventured into full green ones, with the exception of adding a green leaf or two, so please let me in on this smoothie you talk about.

Thanks

Absolutly, it is AWESOME! you'll love it

2 1/2 cups of water

1 bunch curly kale

10oz bag baby spinach

5 tangelos or clementines, tangerine will work also

1 frozen banana in chunks

2 to 3 cups frozen mixed berries

1/4 whole lemon

1/4 cup raw, organic agave

Blend first 3 ingredients well, add remaining ingredients, puree until smooth ans serve refrigerate for up to 24 hours in a glass jar and shake well before serving.

NOte: I have a Vitamix and that machine does wonders so if your going to do it in a blender you might want to squeeze the lemon instead of whole

Good luck and I hope you LOVE IT

Thanks! going to store after workout to buy ingred. I don't have, photos to follow.

Thanks again.

Let me know how you like it, I gave a sample to someone who is TOTALLY anti healthy and he asked me for a second cup...go figure...

I have a book on green smoothie's so if you need any receipe's let me know

Thanks! going to store after workout to buy ingred. I don't have, photos to follow.

Thanks again.

Let me know how you like it, I gave a sample to someone who is TOTALLY anti healthy and he asked me for a second cup...go figure...

I have a book on green smoothie's so if you need any receipe's let me know

Yes I was going to make it last night. I was leaving from the store with all the ingrediants but the kale they had none, might replace with collards if I don't get to the next store. Anyway daughters called me at store on my cell phone about a prowler in the yard so when I got home the cops were there, and so I forgot about it, after vsetting up some extra lights in the yard. Today!

Thanks!

As a warning, Joe, collards are much stronger in a smoothie than kale. I usually use 16oz of spinach and one average size bunch of kale, along with some seeds, two cups of berries, some hemp protein, two pomegranate juice ice cubes, and an entire banana (including the peel, but minus the two tips). The recipe above uses a lot more fruit than mine, so the collards might not be a problem.

As a warning, Joe, collards are much stronger in a smoothie than kale. I usually use 16oz of spinach and one average size bunch of kale, along with some seeds, two cups of berries, some hemp protein, two pomegranate juice ice cubes, and an entire banana (including the peel, but minus the two tips). The recipe above uses a lot more fruit than mine, so the collards might not be a problem.

banana with the peel eh? i'll have to see if my blender can handle it

Banana Peel Benefits

I usually just use the peel because it is extra fiber and a use for something that I would usually throw out. I tend to have some trouble with depression, so I figure the peel can't hurt. I should have mentioned that I freeze the banana for a minimum of 24 hours first, but a few days to a week is best. If you don't freeze it beforehand, the smoothie will come out with a fibrous texture. Freezing helps to soften the peel. I have a commercial VitaMix, but I think most blender which can handle green smoothies, can handle frozen bananas with peels.

Banana Peel Benefits

I usually just use the peel because it is extra fiber and a use for something that I would usually throw out. I tend to have some trouble with depression, so I figure the peel can't hurt. I should have mentioned that I freeze the banana for a minimum of 24 hours first, but a few days to a week is best. If you don't freeze it beforehand, the smoothie will come out with a fibrous texture. Freezing helps to soften the peel. I have a commercial VitaMix, but I think most blender which can handle green smoothies, can handle frozen bananas with peels.

I'm starting to read just how bananas are treated.

This article is old

http://www.rawfoodinfo.com/articles/art_bananaspestic.html

Banana Peel Benefits

I'm starting to read just how bananas are treated.

This article is old

http://www.rawfoodinfo.com/articles/art_bananaspestic.html

Locally, I have a choice between fair trade bananas or organic ones. I go for fair trade because of all the worker issues.