Hi everyone, and Happy New Year

Phoenix

I've spent a fair bit of time reading through your many posts on a lot of different subjects and I must say, even before introducing myself, you guys are a very special group of people. Your sensitivity, compassion and zest for life come through clearly in your interactions with each other.

What a great international community!! It probably has something to do with the diet...

Well, I switched to a vegetarian diet about 4 months ago and have been fighting the desires ever since although I find the sight and smell of flesh ing now. Good thing.

I switched to a veg. diet because of the spiritual path that I have been on but perhaps more on that later.

I'm into working out as a way to stay healthy so I can't wait to take advantage of the wisdom and experience accumulated here. I have been working out off and on as a hard-gainer for years but have been away from it for about a year now.

I was stressing over how I'm going to gain and keep lean muscle because I used to get it from chicken and fish. Until now. You guys are proof it can be done.

It's nice to see you guys are so supportive. I think I may post some pre-post pictures just to force me into making some changes.

P.S. Congrats Daywalker!!

And great site Rob!!

Welcome Phoenix!

I like your screenname

Thanks for the detailed introduction

Good choice to go veg

My road to veganism also began with my spiritual interest. I'd like to hear more about that from you

You call yourself hardgainer, i think i am one, too. I know i don't look like the typical hardgainer now, but i've started at only 145lbs bodyweight at my height of 6'1" and was still flabby. I know guys who weigh more than i do now when they start, and they tell me i've got great genetics. Not size-wise.

So, i KNOW you can get muscular! Bodybuilding is about individual progression, not about comparison with others.

Love and peace,

Daywalker

I switched to a veg. diet because of the spiritual path that I have been on but perhaps more on that later.

Excellent. Yes, it is all about a higher awareness/elevated consciousness or however you want to describe it.

Anyway, welcome and thanks for the kind words about us being a special group.

By the way, the phoenix is something that has special meaning to me too. Have you ever heard the song by Sinead O'Conner called "Troy". I LOVE that song - it is sung with such passion and intensity and I can relate to the words. One of the lines goes:

"You will rise, you will return, the Phoenix from the flame, you will learn, you will rise, you will return, being what you are, there is no other Troy for you to burn...."

Anyway sounds better when she actually sings it....

I must say, even before introducing myself, you guys are a very special group of people. Your sensitivity, compassion and zest for life come through clearly in your interactions with each other.

Thanks! Great to have you here too among us! (sorry my last post got cut off because my computer booted me out again before I was finished!

Thanks Daywalker, you're an inspiration.

Long story to the username, I'm thinking it has a happy ending.

I've always been thin because of a high metabolic rate. Until lately.

I'm turning 45 in April and I'm 5'11 and 165, so I'm hyped to get back on the wagon.

I'll get back to you on the spiritual side of things.

Peace.

Well, I switched to a vegetarian diet about 4 months ago and have been fighting the desires ever since although I find the sight and smell of flesh ing now. Good thing.

Soon you will be mapping out paths through grocery stores that avoid the death department!

Welcome to VBB, and check out the recipes forum, especially anything posted by Vegan Madre. ~~smacks lips

Welcome Phoenix!

Thanks for joining our group. We do have a very nice feeling about this team of vegans. Many people here are my friends, my extended family, and I feel at home here.

Everyone is welcome. Sometimes we argue about things like brothers and sisters but not much. We try to encourage one another and we also provide a great amount of information and motivation or each other.

Great to have you here!

All the best,

Rob

Thanks Robert. And nice to "meet" you Formicalinoleum and Crash.

I love these "handles" I think they say much more about us than our given names. That's the one interesting thing about this type of communication, we can put it all out there cryptically and stay safe. that's neat.

Peace...

Hey offense74!

You got that right. Actually I've been off pork and beef for a couple of years now. That had a bit to do with me being a butcher a number of years ago. I knew first hand what was being fed to people and theway it was "packaged" That was enough for me!! Not to mention the some of the "nutcakes" I worked with.

Absolutely. As moral an obligation as you can get.

Unfortunately knowledge can also lead to self righteousness especially when like they say, a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. I'm still upset at what the "church" has done to indigenous peoples around the world

But that's another story......

thanks SeaSiren.

I was smiling to myself when reading your posts about your new equip. I was the same way when I got my smith machine complete with adjustable pullies

having the equipment in the house leaves no excuses. Although I'm still able to come up with them

But you guys are inspiring. I'm putting my schedule together and starting on next Monday.

I was smiling to myself when reading your posts about your new equip. I was the same way when I got my smith machine complete with adjustable pullies

Woohoo! Isn't it awesome?!

Although I'm still able to come up with them

Yes, but them your new equipment, just sits there staring at you....mocking you

It's crazy, I actually love doing it. I love the natural high it gives , I love the way my body feels and yet this is going to be a monumental struggle!!!! Christmas is such a terrible time for me. I know damn well, my state reflects what i'm putting in my mouth but I'm finally taking the time to make myself some half-decent meals. It also helps when I have my kids, as i make sure they are well exercised and well fed. they're coming up this w/e so it's a perfect start to going back to the new and improved me.

It's time.........

But you guys are inspiring. I'm putting my schedule together and starting on next Monday.

We expect to read posts of sore muscles on Tuesday!

I've been fighting a sinus infection AND strep throat. After 10 days of feeling sub-human, today is the first day I've felt human. Early to bed tonight & Friday night & then, Saturday I hit the workout area with no expectations other than I will do something!