Opening a food cart in Portland! Faux Real Food

brandon

Hey Portlanders, I'm opening a Vegan & Raw food cart in Spring! After being laid up with knee surgery, I had time to evaluate my goals and realized that they didn't really jive with what I was doing. Then I went and saw Gary Vaynerchuk at Powell's, on Robert's suggestion, and decided it's about time to start doing what I really enjoy, cooking up the best vegan food around!

Portland is the best town for vegan & raw food, but there's still far too few vegan & raw restaurants, not to mention food carts. I'll be serving lasagna, chili, mac & chreese, seitan, mashed potatoes, and other soul warming dishes, as well as a variety of raw delights I've been developing over the past couple years like enchilrawdas with rawchilada sauce, brocco-cauli mash, marinated portobello steaks, tacos and more and more. I'm super pumped and I'm trying to get other people excited about it too. I make the only vegan, Chicago style, deep-dish pizza I've ever seen, and I want to share it with you!

Follow my endeavor, Faux Real Food, on Twitter @FauxRealFood and become a fan on Facebook! Spring 2010 is my intended opening time frame. I'll be posting updates. Support my cause!

Faux Real Food on facebook

This is sooooo awesome!

Totally pumped to read this!

Dude, speaking of Gary V, my friend Crystal who was there that night visiting from Utah and I just collaborated on an event in Salt Lake City that we thought up that night after listening to Gary.

So cool you are chasing after something you're passionate about too!

I'll spread the word like crazy...oh and I have a signed book for you, addressed to you by Gary V!

All the best buddy!

Dude, speaking of Gary V, my friend Crystal who was there that night visiting from Utah and I just collaborated on an event in Salt Lake City that we thought up that night after listening to Gary.

Also speaking of Gary, while I was at physical therapy today, I was talking my face off about the whole process and as it turns out my physical therapist was at that same event! Apparently, she's been following him for a while & has seen all his video. Sweet!

Nice!

vegan joe, I want to eat your avatar!

That's awesome! Best of luck getting started!

GinaKina, I checked out your Vegan Strong blog & love it!! One of the biggest problems I'm having is narrowing down my recipes to a set menu. One idea I had was to rotate a "special of the day" so I can keep the creative juices flowing. This got me thinking to having a guest chef every so often. If you're on the west coast, say after next Spring, let's collaborate!

• 3 months later...

Hey Brandon,

I wanted to check how your plans are coming along. I work downtown near PGE Park. I'm new to the Vegan scene and I'm exploring all kinds of lunch options. Your food cart sounds like an awesome idea and something that I would definitely frequent. Hope that the plans are coming together.

Cheers,

Jonathan

• 1 month later...