Protein powder and water

KatimaDanny

Water or some liquid if you're going to make a shake out of it yes. You can include it in some recipes but most of them also call for some liquid of course.

The amount varies greatly but around 3 dl of liquid should be enough for 30 grams of powder. If you bought artificially sweetned stuff it can taste awesome and you can decrease the amount of liquid and you'll get a pudding sort of which goes great with berries and stuff.

Personally I don't use protein powders at all almost but I can't stand protein + water it's vile, protein powder + soy/rice/oat/whatever milk is great though (at least if it's a decent powder).

Mixing your protein with water vs almond/rice/hemp/soy milk all depends on the brand and type of protein. Brands like olympain labs and nitro fusion taste horrid in water. SunWarrior, Vega, Life Time... Taste great in plain 'cold' water. Usually the colder the better.

Protein absorbs a lot of water. Drink extra with it because of this or you might find yourself dehydrated/zapped of energy later.

Mixing your protein with water vs almond/rice/hemp/soy milk all depends on the brand and type of protein. Brands like olympain labs and nitro fusion taste horrid in water. SunWarrior, Vega, Life Time... Taste great in plain 'cold' water. Usually the colder the better.

Protein absorbs a lot of water. Drink extra with it because of this or you might find yourself dehydrated/zapped of energy later.

Ah. Ok... Thanks for the info. I thought that If I were to just have protein powder with out the water it would be fine. But if there is a negative impact on protein powder with out water then I will start drinking it with water.