Part 1: "Jeremy"

21 Overhead Squats (65 lbs)

21 burpees

15 Overhead Squats (55 lbs)

15 burpees

9 Overhead Squats (55 lbs)

9 burpees

Time - 8:34

Thought I could do the whole WOD at 65 lbs...but after the first set, I realized that I was wrong Time would have been faster if I hadn't had to change weight...or it might have been 12:00 and some change if I had left it at 65 lbs...Not sure which I would have benefitted from more.

Part 2: One round of the WOD for Saturday's Open Sectionals competition

90 single under jump rope

15 power snatches (55 lbs)

Time - 1:58

oh my fav over head squats! lol! How did you like the sectional? Are you going to do all of the workouts? i wanted to but it looks like I Won't be able to because I can't jump therefore double unders and snatches already have me out. If the other wods are doable I may give them a go.

Carrie - Well I did the run to loosen it up, then I do 20 secs each leg of the following: standing hamstring stretch, standing quad stretch, standing leg cradle stretch...I meant to do some walking lunges, but I forgot...Also I do like a lateral squat/groin stretch...And a 1 minute deep squat hold (Like the way you'd see aboriginal people squat around a campfire, if that makes any sense). Then using either the pvc pipe, or an empty 45 lb bar, I'll practice the squat movement...quickly and slowly, holding the downward position sometimes.

Mary - The round for sectional was cool I guess. I think it was just to give a taste to people who are considering competing. I'm not planning on participating on Saturday though. I have to work 24 hr shifts on Friday and Sunday, and I don't usually go on Saturdays anyway. Maybe next time.

03/21/2011

Warm up: (Partnered)

Row 150 m while partner does air squats

slow steady air squats while partner rows

Run 200 m while partner does wall balls

lightweight (8 lb) wall ball shots while partner runs

10 knee to elbows & 10 hip extensions while partner does shoulder mobility

shoulder mobility while partner does KTE & HX

WOD:

Part 1 - 3 rounds of:

3 Front Squat @ 75% - 3 secs down, no pause, explode up, absolutely zero pause at top

rest 15 sec

2 Front Squat @ 75% (same tempo)

rest 15 sec

1 Front Squat @ 75%

Active rest for 5 min - practice pull up skill work and handstand push ups

Used 95 lbs for the front squats...Felt like I could have done more, but I was sharing a rack with a friend who just came back from hip surgery, so I didn't want to keep loading and de-loading the bar over and over again.

Part 2

3 minute row for meters

I rowed 810 meters...And I felt fine afterwards. Not good. However, there were three coaches there today, and they were critiquing my form, and one of them was re-adjusting the foot pads for me while I was rowing. One of them told me afterwards that I couldn't have gone all out on this because they were messing with me. The last time I did this test, I got 852 meters. I was proud of my score until I came home and saw that I did better 2 months ago Oh well.

03/22/2011

BW: 195.2 lbs

Warm up:

T-Drill

5 inch worms

5 slam ball throws overhead (20 lbs)

10 box jumps (24")

WOD:

Part 1 -

3 rounds for time

3 Power Cleans (95 lbs)

8 burpees

Rest 60 seconds

Time - 3:35

(I don't think I've ever done burpees so fast. It was sweet!)

Part 2 -

3 rounds for time

12 Kettle bell swings (55 lbs)

Row 100 M

Rest 2 minutes

Time - 7:15

(Was having some trouble with the rower, one of them had a jacked up display and wasn't counting my meters, so I had to switch to another one...Cost me some time)

Part 3 -

3 rounds for time

4 Sandbag Get-ups (40 lbs)

15 box jumps

No rest period between rounds

Time - 4:04

(I did the first 15 jumps on a 24" box, then I caught my toes on the edge and went tumbling down I saw the box coming up quick towards my face, so I threw out my arm and caught all the impact on my forearm. I remember thinking how soft it felt right before I went rolling off onto the ground. It must have looked hilarious, but people seemed more worried. I was laughing...And now I have a big old road rash on my arm. So I switched to the 20" box since I wasn't able to get much air under my feet anymore. Still a lot of lactic acid in the quads from yesterdays WOD, I guess.)

Ah so your doing crossfit WODS then Rob... how long do you give yourself between parts?

Oh whoops, I forgot to include that. I think we had 5 minutes between them for this particular WOD. It's up to the coaches really.

03/24/2011

Warm up:

Row 1000 M

10 pull ups

10 air squats

10 push ups

10 back (or hip...i can't remember) extensions

10 GHD sit ups

WOD:

12 minutes to ind 1RM for Split Jerk

Mine was 135 lbs...might have been able to go a little higher, but my right wrist and right knee were bothering me some.

15 minutes AMRAP -

5 ring dips (used blue assistance band)

4 Turkish get ups (35 lbs...tried 40, but couldn't do it with the left arm)

3 hand stand push-ups (only a few of these were legit...mostly negatives)

2 Tire flips (400 and something lbs)

3 rope get-ups (substitute for 1 rope climb)

Results: 4 rounds + 5 ring dips + 3 Turkish get ups

ah tire flips! i haven't done those in awhile because of the weather. they should be back in my workouts soon. What is a rope getup? it is where you just climb the rope to standing uping and then back down again instead of off the ground?

Weather? I wish! It was raining here, and that damn thing was slippery.

Yeah the rope get ups are for those of us who so far lack the coordination to make our hands and feet move in opposite directions...or something I'll get it one of these days.

03/25/2011

BW: 196.4 lbs

This is the first time I've gone to CrossFit 4 times in one week.

Warm up:

Run 800 M

10 air squats

10 empty bar good mornings

10 empty bar front squats

30 double under attempts

10 kip swings

WOD:

"Elizabeth"

21 Squat Cleans (85 lbs)

21 ring dips (w/ green band)

15 Squat Cleans (85 lbs)

15 ring dips (w/ green band)

9 Squat Cleans (85 lbs)

9 ring dips (w/ green band)

Time: 11:24

Tried 105 lbs for the squat clean, but it wasn't happening. Maybe could have gone with 95, but I had a 35 lb bar today because all the 45s were in use...pain in the ass.

Green band was a little too much assistance, but I was pressed for time, setting up, and all the other bands looked to be in use.

03/28/2011

Warm up:

10 GHD sit ups

10 hip extensions

10 kip swings

active shoulder mobility

5 standing long jumps

10 hang power clean to slow front squat with empty bar

WOD:

2 front squats (95 lbs)

12 pull ups

2 front squats (115 lbs)

12 pull ups

2 front squats (125 lbs)

12 pull ups

2 front squats (135 lbs)

12 pull ups (used blue band)

1 power clean (95 lbs) - failed, caught the bar wrong, causing left shoulder pain for a long time

10 hand stand push ups (negatives)

1 power clean (65 lbs)

10 hand stand push ups (negatives)

1 power clean (85 lbs)

10 hand stand push ups (with knees on jump box)

1 power clean (95 lbs)

10 hand stand push ups (with knees on jump box)

Edited by Rob PMFF

03/29/2011

At the station today. Since I haven't benched in over 6 months at least, I wanted to see what I was still able to do.

Bench Press

135 lb x 2

140 lb x 2

145 lb x 2

150 lb x 2

155 lb x 2

160 lb x 2

165 lb x 2

170 lb x 2

And then we got a call...

Experiment Inconclusive

03/30/2011

BW: 198 lbs

Warm up:

10 empty bar good mornings

10 stiff-legged deadlifts

10 inchworms

10 walking lunges

Run 400 M

WOD:

Deadlift

4 sets of 2 reps @ 60% 1RM

(155 lbs x 2 x 4)

Shoulder Press

4 sets of 2 reps @ 60% 1RM

(95 lbs x 2 x 4)

I guess these were probably higher than my 60% 1 RM...but they are what I chose to work with today.

For Time:

Run 800 M

15 kb swings (55 lbs)

Row 600 M

10 kb swings (55 lbs)

Run 400 M

Time: 10:58

Edited by Rob PMFF

It sucked! I hate running. And I hate running in the cold. Although I must admit I'm not hating it as much as used to. When I started CF, I would DREAD the days where running was part of the WOD. I almost don't care now. Almost...

LOL. True that.

04/01/2011

Warm up:

Run 400 M

10 good mornings

stretched and practiced deadlifts and box jumps

WOD:

CF Opens WOD #2

15 min AMRAP

- 9 Dead lift (135 lbs)

- 12 hand-release pushups

- 15 box jumps (24")

Rounds - 6

I should have used 155 lbs like Rx'd...but was skurred with the lower back history and all.

Edited by Rob PMFF

Rob, that is some pretty impressive stuff! Glad to see your back isn't holding you back (no pun intended) lately!

Haha. Glad to see you aren't dead or something. Sometimes I would see your log on my list of "followed topics" or whatever, and wonder what happened to you.

Rob, that is some pretty impressive stuff! Glad to see your back isn't holding you back (no pun intended) lately!

Haha. Glad to see you aren't dead or something. Sometimes I would see your log on my list of "followed topics" or whatever, and wonder what happened to you.

Not quite dead...but I started my clinical rotations and dropped off the face of the earth as I learned to balance life with an 80 hour work week! Everything's under control now...I think. Hehe.