STARTING TO WORKOUT! HELP!

Hello, I'm very excited because finally i have decided to go do some workout.

My plan is going 4 days a week from 6:30 to 7:30 a.m. and 2 days of running at the park.

Any suggestions of what kind of routine should i do? I want to start with some muscle gaining

What should i eat? any supplements?

Soy protein, creatin?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

If you're new to lifting, compound exercises (squats/deadlift/bench press/overhead press) are great. Any program that centers around the main lifts are good for starting out (usually 3 days/week, and an hour will be plenty for these workouts - Stronglifts and Starting Strength are great programs).

Supplements/powder isn't essential when you're starting out. Just start phasing into eating more frequent meals (6-8) of between 15-25g protein per meal and you'll start noticing a difference right away.

Beans/grains (brown rice/quinoa)/nuts/seeds/soy products are great for protein and most of these are cheap too.

Remember to eat loads of veg and include dark leafy greens into your diet.

I like your enthusiasm, good luck!

Oh wow, that's a great help! Much appreciated.

I'm looking forward to start training, tomorrow is my first day!

I'll be posting how's everything going and if i have some new questions.

Thanks

This is from where i get all my motivation every morning:

• 3 weeks later...
I like the part:

"No alcohol, no weed, no cigarettes, no E, no milk, no cheese, no eggs, no meat, just meditation and peace. Red lentils, chick peas, good workout, good sleep, more sunshine, light breeze.

Uh-huh! And the "Thats why I had to stop drinking. Cuz when I start drinking is when I stop thinking" part.

Not that I feel identified with that... ...but yeah.