Another newbie

Hydrophidian

Hello all.

I'm a 32yo guy just transitioning into the vegetarian/vegan lifestyle. I'm having a pretty easy time adjusting to the meatless diet but, will probably be looking at the recipe section for more diverse ideas. I've always been in pretty good shape but, I'm looking to tone up and do a little bulking up as well. I'm 6'5" and currently weigh 245lbs. Not obese by any means but, not as thin and healthy as I'd like to be. I'll probably be posting a pic or two into the before/after section since I'm pretty new to the vegan lifestyle and, since I'm just getting into a workout regimen. It'll be a good place for me to track my success.

I started my transition into the meatless diet because I felt myself feeling weighted down, tired and, just generally lethargic every time I ate a meal comprised predominantly of meat. As a result, I started eating less and less meat until I would go days without it. This was really not a conscious effort, it just sort of happened. I think that this has helped ease the transition a bit. I'm also an asthmatic and, after eating large meals, I felt out of breath and exhausted. Because of this, I started eating smaller meals but, still noticed the breathless feeling if the smaller meal was mainly comprised of meat or dairy products.

Personally, I'm a juggling unicyclist who writes music, sews, draws, and generally just hoards information and has many hobbies. My buddy Craig calls me a "HobbyWhore". It's a bit of a NSFW title but, I think it's suiting.

I'm mainly joining the group for self improvement but, I'm also interested in making friends with mutual dietary and athletic goals.

-Rico

/BTW, I usually go by Rico