teeth whitening

gee

Hi,

So I have been looking for some vegan teeth whitening but I cannot find much...

I bought some of these vegan whitening toothpaste that some people on other forums said helped but...

I also started using baking soda + peroxyde as mouthwashing but...

Any strong and efficient vegan product out there?

Thanks,

John

Listerine has a whitening mouthwash but it's essentially just hydrogen peroxide with some minty flavor and saccharin for sweetness to make it more palatable.

You could try rinsing with that for a minute. I had my teeth professionally whitened years ago and they are still movie-star white cuz I've just taken good care of them. Keep in mind though, that professionally whitening your teeth isn't cheap. It's about $400 or so, depending on which route you take. I had custom molds of my teeth made and a whitening solution that went inside the mold. I wore em on my teeth for a few hours and BOOM! Whiteness.

Well your professional whitening is more like what I had in mind, but if possible at home...

It seems my teeth are getting yellower every day, even though I mostly dropped tea since I became vegan.

Thank you

As far as I know, every teeth whitening product out there is just hydrogen peroxide in one form or another. I'm not aware of any vegan-labeled products out there, but the ingredients are pretty basic. You best bet it probably the whitening gels with the reusable trays. Animal testing is another matter.

My wife got the professional whitening a few years ago and it was a disaster. It was extremely painful and her teeth were super sensitive to everything for months afterward. Her dentist was an idiot with regard to other things, so perhaps she did it wrong, but I'd say to try less drastic things first and definitely don't go the professional whitening route if you already have sensitive teeth.

If you already have sensitive teeth the hydrogen peroxide stuff might sting a bit, but you can just rinse it off and not continue if that's the case. I'm not sure if they'll make your teeth more sensitive. I used to be able to whiten my teeth without much trouble, but now the hydrogen peroxide trays sting after a while. I didn't whiten often so I think my teeth just got more sensitive.

I haven't actually tried it recently.

Do you brush twice, and floss twice a day like you should?

General maintenance with a whitening toothpaste and some whitening mouthwash might be all you need.

correct... I skip in the morning since I'm always late for my bus...

But every night I brush, floss and use that thing for the tongue...

As far as I know, every teeth whitening product out there is just hydrogen peroxide in one form or another. I'm not aware of any vegan-labeled products out there, but the ingredients are pretty basic. You best bet it probably the whitening gels with the reusable trays. Animal testing is another matter.

My wife got the professional whitening a few years ago and it was a disaster. It was extremely painful and her teeth were super sensitive to everything for months afterward. Her dentist was an idiot with regard to other things, so perhaps she did it wrong, but I'd say to try less drastic things first and definitely don't go the professional whitening route if you already have sensitive teeth.

Don't the tray + gel contain something stronger than peroxide?

Also don't they all contain glycerin which is animal based?

Don't the tray + gel contain something stronger than peroxide?

Also don't they all contain glycerin which is animal based?

Nope, they're just peroxide and other inactive ingredients. Yeah, they contain glycerin which can be animal or plant derived.