Italian recipes?

BrandonC

I use the cheeze sauce recipe below to mix with mashed tofu for a great shell/lasagna stuffing. You can add chopped spinach & other veggies to make it even more filling.

I use 1/2 the cheeze sauce recipe for one block of tofu.

Cheeze Sauce

7 oz. jar roasted red pepper, drained

1 1/2 cups raw cashews

3/4 cup water

2/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes (or savory yeast)

1/4 cup olive oil

1/4 cup lemon juice

1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce or Braggs amino's

1 1/2 tablespoons tahini

Put all ingredients in a blender & blend till smooth.

This makes more than I usually need at one time, so I freeze half of it & it defrosts just fine. A friend on another forum made it with no water & used it as a spread to make grilled cheese sandwiches.

There is a recipe book called 150 Vegan Favorites by Jay Solomon. In it he has a terrific red garlic sauce recipe. If you're interested, I'll post it. It is very easy & makes enough for shells or lasagna or pizza!

I don't know the exact measurements:

grape tomatoes

olive oil

garlic

pasta

salt/pepper

1. cut and squeeze tomatoes.

2. eat tomatoes

3. buy more tomatoes and repeat (but don't eat them this time!!!)

4. toss with olive oil and salt/pepper

Ok, this is where I have NO idea how to make this. My uncle (this is his recipe) usually cooks up the garlic with the tomatoes (in the oven), so I guessing that whatever you cook garlic at you can cook the tomatoes.

5. cook until garlic is ready

6. toss with pasta

mmmmm..... my favorite dish!!!

I don't know the exact measurements:

grape tomatoes

olive oil

garlic

pasta

salt/pepper

1. cut and squeeze tomatoes.

2. eat tomatoes

3. buy more tomatoes and repeat (but don't eat them this time!!!)

4. toss with olive oil and salt/pepper

Ok, this is where I have NO idea how to make this. My uncle (this is his recipe) usually cooks up the garlic with the tomatoes (in the oven), so I guessing that whatever you cook garlic at you can cook the tomatoes.

5. cook until garlic is ready

6. toss with pasta

mmmmm..... my favorite dish!!!

I just did the above recipe tonight, but also added slightly steamed squash (your choice of yellow or zucchini) and fresh parsley. I tossed with an olive oil vinaigrette (with basil). I didn't have grape tomatoes on hand so I chopped an organic tomato and used lots of garlic. Mmmmm, very yummy. (pasta was also high fiber whole wheat spirals). I served it with sliced peaches today (because I was short a serving to complete my day) but I imagine a baby spinach side salad would go well with it.

Garlicky Red Sauce

– from Jay Solomon’s 150 Favorite Vegan Recipes

2 T olive oil

4 cloves garlic, minced

4 cups water

2 six oz. cans tomato paste

2 teaspoon dried parsley

1 teaspoon basil

1 teaspoon sugar

½ teaspoon salt

Heat oil, add garlic & cook till it glistens. Add water, tom paste, parsley, basil, sugar & salt. Stir till thick sauce is formed. Bring to simmer over med-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low & cook 15-20 mins.