Hello from Florida (well DC right now, but usually FL)

Jennie

Hellooooo. My name is Jennie. I go to school in Florida, but I am in the DC area with my parents for the summer, hence the confusing subject line. I've been vegan for what will be five years at the end of August, but I've only recently gotten into working out and stuff. I've always been pretty scrawny and out of shape (at the beginning of the summer, I was 5' 2" and 97.5 lbs), so I'm trying to get healthier and put on a bit of muscle. I've made pretty good progress so far, but I've been realizing that I don't really know much about nutrition, which is a bit problematic if I'm going to really go all the way with this whole being healthy thing. That is the main reason I'm here really, to leech off of your collective nutrition knowledge. I hope that's okay!

is the main reason I'm here really, to leech off of your collective nutrition knowledge. I hope that's okay!

No need to leech off of anyone nutrition knowledge. It is easy enough to get your own. There is a lot of BS on the web about vegan nutrition, sometimes even on this board. You can read this SHORT article on where to get reliable vegan nutrition information from solid, credentialed sources:

http://beforewisdom.com/blog/?page_id=462

Edited by beforewisdom

• 3 weeks later...