What kind of job do you have? When do you workout ?

mysticxian

I'm a researcher at a university. I have a good amount of flexibility as far as when I have to be in the office, but hours are generally around 10:00am - 6:30/7:00pm. My main activity is roller derby. I have 3-4 practices a week--Tues, Thurs, and Sun every week and Fridays about once a month. Weekday practices start around 8pm, and I get home from them between 11:00 and 11:30pm. Sunday practice is 4-7pm. I also ride my bike most days. It's about 8 miles on the days I just ride to work (2-3x per week), 15 miles on days I go to one of our practice locations (1-2x per week), and 21 miles when I go to our other practice location (2x per week). On Sundays I cycle 10 miles, skate for 3 hours, then cycle 10 miles back home. It's been good for improving my fitness!

It's really hard to fit strength training into my schedule. The idea is that we (my partner also does roller derby and the cycling) are supposed to lift weights at home on Mondays and Wednesdays after work, but we have a hard time actually doing it.

• 4 weeks later...