How much creatine for a veggie?

Rom

Meat eaters take creatine for strength boosts too. I wouldn't base the amount I took on what a meat eater might be getting from diet, I would base it on the amount that is likely to give me benefits.

I've never really investigated it much but the recommendation on my tub is 1 heaping teaspoon.

meat eaters usually get somewhere between 1-2g/day, if it isn't destroyed by heat.

there are two ways you can take it:

1) load on it. take 20-25g per day (spread out throughout the day into multiple servings) for 5 days and then take 5-10g to "maintain".

2) or you can just take 5g/day every day. your muscles won't saturate as fast using this method, but the end result will be the same - after about 4 weeks you'll be chock-full of the stuff.

it is also advised to take creatine in cycles. for example, 2 months on, 1 month off.

here's a decent resource on the topic: creatine myths and facts.

hope that helps.

Edited by jcdenton

Anyone know the dosing for CEE? I know you're not supposed to need to load - but I'm wondering if it's necessary to take 5g/day. I've been doing 3g every 2nd day, mostly because I keep forgetting to take it on non-workout days, lol.

meat eaters usually get somewhere between 1-2g/day, if it isn't destroyed by heat.

there are two ways you can take it:

1) load on it. take 20-25g per day (spread out throughout the day into multiple servings) for 5 days and then take 5-10g to "maintain".

2) or you can just take 5g/day every day. your muscles won't saturate as fast using this method, but the end result will be the same - after about 4 weeks you'll be chock-full of the stuff.

it is also advised to take creatine in cycles. for example, 2 months on, 1 month off.

here's a decent resource on the topic: creatine myths and facts.

hope that helps.

Hey, thx for the reply!

First, I searched on the internet on how to use creatine. I found on all sites 'it is better to load on, and you have to cycle'. But on another BB-forum, they told me all this is 'old-fashioned', and that you don't have to load neither cycle... ?