Hi names Nik, im new to this and have some questions

Lacto-Ovo-Man

Hello there, welcome to the forum. It depends what you mean by "the vegan family" as I've not heard the term before! Also you'll get a different answer from each individual. Personally, I think of veganism and vegetarianism as steps away from the normal levels of support of unethical practices. So vegetarianism is one step, veganism is a couple more. Some vegetarians see their ethical philosophy as the ultimate, and veganism as unnecessary. Some even say that milk/eggs are a necessary part of the diet, or that there is no cruelty involved with the harvesting of those products. That kind of thinking I can't abide, it's the same as those who think it's not cruel to keep animals in captivity and kill them / test on them. But that's not to say that I go out of my way to tell them off - at least vegetarians have taken a step away from the normally accepted levels of abuse, which is better than nothing. But I'd always advise a vegetarian to think a bit more carefully about their decisions if they are open to new information. Because ultimately, a non-vegan lifestyle is unnecessary and unethical, even if you have taken meat out of your diet, there are many other things that are just as bad, if not worse, about those industries, and are linked with slaughter directly, when you buy those products (milk and eggs especially).