Help planning a grocery list and meals for the week please.

I could really use some help on figuring out a store list for the week etc. Here is what i have so far, but i am worried that i dont have enought meals or something, it seems to lack substance, im not really sure, i guess i am just used to buying junk. any input would be appreciated.

frozen peas

spinach

romain lettuce

2 acacados

broccoli

garlic

onoins

carrots

celery

grapes

blue berries

bananas

2 sweet potatoes

lentils

kidney beans

brown rice flower

brown rice tortilla wraps

veggie chips

sunflower kernels

pumpkin seeds

cashews

raisens

peanutbutter

vegan salad dressing

some things i already have in the house such as quinoa, mung beans, adzuki beans, garbanzo beans, lemons, dried figs, and extra virgin olive oil.

thanks in advance for your help.

[email protected]

Could you get some TVP, soy meat substitute or something tofu? That can help add some chunkiness. Also I really like to add a little fried onion to meals, often red onions. It really depends what type of meal you are going to make, what are you aiming for?

I do the opposite - I plan what I'm going to make for dinner during the week (my lunches are almost always the same - a big salad with beans) and then write my grocery list accordingly. I found that if I bought stuff without having an idea of what I was going to use it for I had a lot of wasted produce in my fridge.

If you need food ideas, I really recommend the Veganomicon. It has a bunch of sides (both grain and veggie) and protein mains, so there's plenty of room for mix and match. The book is geared to everyone, from novice to expert, plenty of room for personalizing, great tips, and plenty of good one-pot-meal recipes (these are my fav). This is where the majority of my meals come from when I'm planning out the week!

Veganomicon = awesome cookbook!

If you are specifically looking for low fat recipes, one of the authors has a new book out - Appetite for Reduction. Most things I've made so far have been delicious.

The biggest difference between the two books is that the front part of the Veganomicon has chapters on various veggies, grains, beans, etc. and how to cook them. Appetite for Reduction is mostly just recipes.