Need to turn help turning normal dient to a Vegan..

P_K

Hi every one,

I have that grea diet that made especially for me,only thing is its not vegan.

I need to change 25 grams of whey protein that I take right after training..what is recommended to eat right after training,instead of the whey protein ?

Also,I have 2 eggs that I need to replace with something else.

Help appreciated..

• 4 weeks later...

Hey P_K!

I have found the biggest bang for the buck (and balanced AA profile) is the combination protein powders ...

My current suggestion would be ...

Vibrant Health makes a protein with the "same" AA ratio of human muscle

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002L4RWC2/sr=1-17/qid=1309434039/ref=pop?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1309434039&sr=1-17

MRM-USA has a new Veggie Protein ... tastes great and has a great AA profile

http://www.mrm-usa.com/v2/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=121&category_id=16&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

I actually use tofu as a replacement for eggs. The secret ingredient is kala namak, a black salt with a sulfurous ("eggy") taste! One can buy it for cheap on Amazon. My tofu scramble is:

4-7 oz extra firm tofu (depending on my appetite)

a couple handfuls chopped broccoli

several cloves of sliced garlic

olive oil

turmeric

dried thyme

salt

pepper

nutritional yeast

kala namak

Heat a cast-iron pan (or nonstick, it doesn't matter; I just like the added iron from cast iron) over medium-low heat. Add the olive oil (this temperature should be well below its smoking point), let it heat a little, then start frying the garlic. After about 20 seconds, crumble the tofu into the pan and add your desired amount of broccoli (you can also use other veggies, brocc is just my favorite!). Lightly salt and pepper. Add turmeric to the tofu for color. Add a few dashes thyme. Fry for several minutes, being sure to turn all the pieces and make sure the garlic doesn't burn (burnt garlic is bitter). Add nutritional yeast all over and continue frying until the tofu and broccoli are at the desired "done-ness." Gently sprinkle kala namak over everything - you can adjust as necessary, because remember, it's salty too so you don't want to go overboard. Tuck in! This is one of my favorite breakfasts.

Clif Builder Bars. 20g of protein. 8g fat, 230mg sodium, carb 30, sugars 20. tasty too. 270 calories.

Cal Naturale is also a protein drink that I found. It's made of soy. 470 ML has 260 cals, 10g fat, 190 sodium, 35 carbs, sugars 9, protein 16.

Mung bean fettucini or black bean spagetti - a 200 calorie serving of either has 20 grams of protein and it tastes just like pasta.