food plan to help lose weight?

I feel since going vegan i've put on weight. I'm looking to lose about 10 pounds. I eat 1200-1500 calories on the days i don't work out, and 1500-1800 on the days i do. i do an hour of cardio 3-5 times a week and weight training 2-3 times a week. i'm not sure if my recent weight gain has been due to weight training or not.

here's an example of what i eat every day:

breakfast: a cup of kashi's go lean cereal with a cup of almond milk and a banana

lunch: a protein shake (a cup or two of light chocolate silk with a scoop of garden of life's vegan protein powder) and usually one of those amy's entrees :/ that are 290-300 calories each.

dinner is usually stir fry with tofu and vegetables.

snacks: i eat candy every once in a while but nothing major, i usually snack on fruits and vegetables.

if someone could help me with a diet/food plan to help me lose some weight that would be great. i just don't know what i'm doing wrong.

Other than seeing a difference on the scale, how's the difference in the mirror? While it's impossible that you put on 10lbs of lean body mass, I bet you can attribute at least some of that weight gain to building muscle and some of it might be water retention because those Amy's entrees have a ton of sodium in them.

Also, this is going to seem relatively creepy but ... do you post on theb9?

It doesn't sound like you're eating too much food. If I were eating that much I'd be worried I wasn't eating enough.

But, here are some tips...

Omega 3 gives your brain the ability to burn fat as energy. Make sure you get an omega 3 supplement.

Green tea has catechins which burns fat (regular is highest)

Conjugated linolenic acid / CLA (veganessentials.com) burns fat.

Cold water burns calories because you stay warm with them.

Keep your stomach full of vegetables between meals if you want to avoid any overeating temptations.

Another thing to remember is weight doesn't mean the same thing to a bodybuilder. Muscles weigh more than fat. Plus they burn fat without moving. If you want to burn fat, gain some muscle and you will need to eat more to stay the same.

With the right mindset and motivation anyone can shed a couple pounds with some patience and perseverance. A little bit of exercise and nutritional knowledge goes a long way.

Anybody struggling with their weight should give this blog a look. He has an inspirational story of how he changed his life for the better, and ended up meeting the love of his life. I always read his first post whenever I am a bit frustrated with my dieting, Josh is a lucky man.

http://www.extremeweightlosshelpnow.com/

Good Luck!!