Deadlift help.

tw432

Do you mean banging your knees with the bar? If so, I think you could drop the weight a little slower always keeping the bar in contact with your legs (upper legs, then knees, then lower legs). This way you could get around your knees (you would be touching them with the bar instead of banging them).

Looks pretty good. Banging your knees is going to happen, especially at first. Looks like you're doing it right, essentially doing an RDL until your knees, then easing it to the ground. You'll eventually learn how to just barely miss them. But still count on your shins getting banged up.

The only things I can see are that your hips might be starting a little low and your hip movement might be coming in a tiny, tiny bit late, but it's hard to tell. Your ass should be as high as possible while still allowing your shins to touch the bar and your chest to be up. As soon as you've cleared your knees moving upward, contract those glutes.

Light weight on deads can lead to form not being as tight as it should.

I highly recommend (as always) finding the starting strength DVD by Rippetoe (a quick torrent search should find you this)

How I am supposed to work up to my working set without using lighter weights first? As for starting strength I already have it, but thanks anyway.

Light weight on deads can lead to form not being as tight as it should.

I highly recommend (as always) finding the starting strength DVD by Rippetoe (a quick torrent search should find you this)

How I am supposed to work up to my working set without using lighter weights first? As for starting strength I already have it, but thanks anyway.

I wasn't saying that there's a way a round it....just that it can happen