Changing Body shape

Ok, i got pretty buff doing taekwondo before I hurt my back, and now I've gotten fat over the buff which is just totally gross. I am wanting to get back into training, but I dont want to get buff again, I am more interested in toning and lengthening. Right now I only have limited was thinking of getting a strength building yoga dvd to go along with my lengthening one...and maybe pilates? I was wondering what everybodys take was. I'm really more interested in functional strength and endurance as far as my fitness program is concerned. Help!

If you want to change the shape of your body, you simply must lift weights. There is no way around that, short of plastic surgery.

Unless you count losing bodyfat as a way of changing the shape of course .

nah she's right. you can always lose fat here and there gain muscle in areas but the way your body is built is the way its always going to be. meet your friend, his name is "genetics", and hes a bitch

thats why i hate all those supplement companies and gyms (2 a certain extent) cause they promise so many things but unless you're hardcore or a millionaire, it wont happen. sorry boys and girls be happy with what you got, im fat and proud. its party time!!!!!!

If you want to change the shape of your body, you simply must lift weights. There is no way around that, short of plastic surgery.

Unless you count losing bodyfat as a way of changing the shape of course .

nah she's right. you can always lose fat here and there gain muscle in areas but the way your body is built is the way its always going to be.

Now you're contradcting yourself and not making any sense. Keep in mind that english is not my first language, so please write more slowly .

To me it sounds like you're saying that even if I gain muscle and loose fat the visual shape of my body will stay the same? That totally contradicts my experience, as well as what Ive seen in others. In fact I would even go so far as to say that this sounds so stupid I probably didnt understand you correctly, am I right ?

meet your friend, his name is "genetics", and hes a bitch

Nah, I think he's OK .

thats why i hate all those supplement companies and gyms (2 a certain extent) cause they promise so many things but unless you're hardcore or a millionaire, it wont happen.

Yeah, except for the sauna belt, thats the real thing .

http://images.hepsiburada.com/assets/Spor/200/sporsb02.jpg