Somebody educate me on why diamonds are bloody

What is wrong with diamonds? Very ignorant in the area of what it takes to retrieve and process precious stones like diamonds and what not.

So how come I have heard vegans refer to diamonds as "blood diamonds"? Are diamonds vegan?

And please dont tell me to just google it. I am technology averse. I barely know how to post online and turn my computer on.

Let the education begin (on the unethicalness of diamonds, I mean. Not how to google something ) ....

Well if you look at the conflict in Sierra Leone, you will see it is all driven by diamonds. Another reason not to buy them is that they are not a good investment, diamonds do not hold their value like precious metals.

Well if you look at the conflict in Sierra Leone, you will see it is all driven by diamonds. Another reason not to buy them is that they are not a good investment, diamonds do not hold their value like precious metals.

I was only inquiring about the concept "blood diamonds". I have no intention of spending money on something so unnecessary. I'd rather donate my (non-existant) money to sea shepherd and the like.

tell me more about Sierra Leone - i have np clue about the fight over diamonds there

Do a google look up on the Sierra Leone diamond trade. These people and children are virtually slaves. Lots of torture and death surrond this trade.

Note however, that there is also a Canadian diamond trade. Canadian diamonds are under strict guidelines to protect workers etc. If you diamonds be sure to ask for Canadian Diamonds. Many are marked as such. You will pay more, but it's worth it.

• 2 weeks later...