my introductory statement

ri_sabin

Hello everyone - my name is sabin and I live in rhode island.

I am 32 yrs old and I have been a vegan for 2 days. Actually I was vegan from age 18-19.5 but I gave it up. I still feel guilty about that. I guess I've always thought about it over the last ten yrs or so and I don't feel like I'm living up to my ideals. 3 days ago this girl I work with(I work at a large insurance company in rhode island that uses snoopy as a mascot) said she thought I was hot but that if I became vegan I could definitely be her boyfriend or whatever. Well it was funny because I started thinking about it and I was like "well maybe the universe is telling me something..." so I started it that day. I went to the health food store in east greenwich and got some food. I want to stick with it this time.

The one person I know of who is a vegan athlete is mike mahler and he is my hero - I have both of his k-bell dvds and I do his routine. He is a big inspiration to me in terms of strength training but I've never tried to go vegan as an athlete before now.

What's my long-term goal in going vegan? I want to regain something I feel I've lost over the last ten years - it's not really a physical thing it's more about who I am and my ideals vs. what I actually do everyday in my life. Also I would like to have better health, sex life, and my ultimate goal is to one day date casey krebs Of course that may never happen but if I can look good enough to date her than I should do extremely well in the game of love.

OK that's it - I'm a 2 day vegan and 2 yr kettlebell lifter.

Nothing like the motivational powers of a giant hottie to get one stoked. Welcome aboard!

I'm not a kettlebell fanatic, but I have a homemade kb (about 35 lbs) made from pipe fittings and some spare 5 lb plates epoxied together and then welded, and occasionally I'll do a short cycle of swings and snatches to change things up.

Two guys with whom I used to train Brazilian jiu-jitsu work out almost exclusively with kettlebells, and their strength is freaky.

So your heart has always been with the animals and with veganism. That is a great foundation from which to build a solid and eternal commitment to veganism.

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya, a hot vegan woman is definitely the kick in the pants some people need to match their actions with the colour of their heart.

So your heart has always been with the animals and with veganism. That is a great foundation from which to build a solid and eternal commitment to veganism.

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya, a hot vegan woman is definitely the kick in the pants some people need to match their actions with the colour of their heart.

CG - I'll take one if she can help me cook

My lazy ass will drop dairy if i had a spicy vegan girl enjoys & shares that lifestyle with me.

He he .. JKiddin.

PS: I am going to put those PETA videos on a new PDA and show people.. when they ask next time why I am vegetarian. I hope that allows me to be a soldier in ur army

Welcome!

Great intro I know Mike and Casey....well, I've been in touch with them both for a few years and I've spoken with Casey since she was one of our first featured vegans on www.veganbodybuilding.com

I also look up to Mike. I have one of his DVDs and he was actually going to be in Vegan Fitness Built Naturally but had a scheduling conflict and was unable to be part of our movie.

Great to have you here. I hope you find all kinds of information and motivation to keep you on the vegan path this time.

All the best, I look forward to reading more of your posts.

How do you like the k-bell workouts? I'm very intrigued by that.

Hello & Welcome! I'd also like to hear more about KBs.

KBs are a powerful training tool. You cannot get as strong as on olympic lifter but the strength-endurance component of it is unbelievable. One time I threw up during a KB workout. It's very intense. You are getting a cardio workout that begins as heart thumping and goes up from there. My heaviest kb lifting was with a 40lb KB in each hand but I was doing multiple speed sets and the physical aftermath is hard to explain. You get a real high from it. For one thing it lowered my blood pressure to 100 / 64 which is important. It also made me feel like I could conquer the world or succeed in any sport.

Mike Mahlers DVD is where I would start - you can get it at dragon door.

http://www.dragondoor.com/dv022.html

If you want more exercises get the new KB core strength DVD by stephen maxwell.

http://www.dragondoor.com/dv027.html

My favorite excercise from Mahler is the deck squat which is brutal but he also has very hard exercises in his original DVD:

http://www.dragondoor.com/dv035.html

It used to be called KBs for mixed martial arts that was the title when I bought it.

KBs offer a lot of room to advance when you consider that can go up to 140lb or so per KB. If you want a plate-loaded version look here:

http://www.fractionalplates.com/cgi-bin/edatcat/PDAstore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=10.3

I'm not strong enough to need them but they're an option for you.

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya, a hot vegan woman is definitely the kick in the pants some people need to match their actions with the colour of their heart.

Yes. There's nothing more enjoyable and motivating than a beautiful woman.

Welcome!

Thank you very much I've been to your site and love your photos.

Welcome!

Great intro I know Mike and Casey....well, I've been in touch with them both for a few years and I've spoken with Casey since she was one of our first featured vegans on www.veganbodybuilding.com

I also look up to Mike. I have one of his DVDs and he was actually going to be in Vegan Fitness Built Naturally but had a scheduling conflict and was unable to be part of our movie...

Casey is so off the hook I get gooey just seeing her picture on the web. I might actually faint or be totally speechless if I met her. Her physical beauty is amazing and her eyes just shine - a window to a beautiful soul.

I remember years ago I saw this preview for an IMAX movie about Michael Jordan and his coach Phil Jackson was saying "He's a real-life hero." That's how I would describe Mike Mahler.

Hi and welcome!

Thank you so much.

I want to regain something I feel I've lost over the last ten years - it's not really a physical thing it's more about who I am and my ideals vs. what I actually do everyday in my life.

Welcome! As far as I can see you are on the right way already!

The one person I know of who is a vegan athlete is mike mahler and he is my hero - I have both of his k-bell dvds and I do his routine. He is a big inspiration to me in terms of strength training but I've never tried to go vegan as an athlete before now.

Well look around some here and at veganfitness.net There are many people vegan athletes far more impressive than him. Also whom are happy to give away what they know for free. Kettlebells are a scam by the way but I guess since you bought them instead of just free weights you might as well use them. No big deal I guess unless you're a poor person who is getting ripped off.

What's my long-term goal in going vegan? I want to regain something I feel I've lost over the last ten years - it's not really a physical thing it's more about who I am and my ideals vs. what I actually do everyday in my life.

Well said! Welcome!