hmm

endcruelty

great minds like Albert Einstein said "Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances of survival for life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet." .... yet animals being slaughtered has risen...... does anyone else see something wrong even though the word about eating vegan is getting more popular???

Personally I agree with Sir Albert here, I don't think we have a likely chance of surviving in the long run if we continue to treat animals the way we do now, and the prospect of that treatment going on indefinately is mind-numbing and makes me hate everything sometimes.

And as for the evolution thing, I think it has to be more active on our point- Biological evolution towards eating just plants could take many thousands of years, but a cultural shift could be much quicker-

JB

xChriszx, that's gotta be tough to be a vegan in Indiana/Illinois- I lived out there for a few months, and when I returned to visit some relatives last winter, they were pretty taken aback by my being vegetarian, and seemed relieved that I at least ate dairy at the time (though I am a full vegan now). Any I think my relatives out there are pretty progressive for Indiana-ers-

Not to mention, there weren't as many vegan products at the grocery stores, at least where I was (Richmond, IN)

JB