Portland in November

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are planning to have breakfast at Paradox Cafe on Saturday morning, probably around 8:30 or something like that; I have to be back at the conference hotel for my first session by 10:30. If anyone wants to join us, just let us know!

I am quite sure that we will be at the Give Green Fair. My last session ends at 3:30 or something, so we will come by after that and find your booth, Robert and Loveliberate.

Then Saturday evening, we don't have any plans yet, so if folks want to do something, we are up for it!

So far, I feel like we are in vegan heaven! Had breakfast at Blossoming Lotus. K had oatmeal and I had tofu scramble. It was super yummy and we are going to go back tomorrow for breakfast. We went to Veganopolis for lunch. K had a grilled "cheese" with just about everything available on it, and I had a seitan pesto sandwich. Also super yummy! At the end of that meal I was so full that I felt like I could never eat again, but of course I will! VeganMadre--you should be jealous! We are eating very well and having a great time (despite the cold and rain). But if you are coming out here, then you will get to experience it yourself and then I will be jealous of you.

I hope we'll be able to hang with y'all again, and also that we'll be able to meet some folks we haven't met yet.

:( So jealous. That's all I can say.

Dont be too jealous - ya'll will get a very warm reception when ya visit too! How long will ya'll be able to stay in Portland?

Am I mistaken? Are you asking two alternative, spontaneous hippie freaks about a PLAN???

We're still in the "I'd like to go here and there and stop by this place on the way to that place" stage. We won't know until Spring more details. So places we'd like to go next summer - Asheville, NC, The Farm in Tennessee, Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage in MO, The Rainbow Gathering in Texas (or elsewhere in that vicinity - still to be determined), Burning Man?, New Mexico, Arizona, San Francisco, Portland, Madison, WI...

I won't change this thread with endless discussion but we will in the future likely create a thread with our likely destinations and see if we can't find people to meet up with, provide some type of vegan hippie transportation,...

Wow, Liz - sounds like you both are having a great time - where vegan food abounds, fun is almost certain!

I thought I was the only Chinook Book enthusiast here! I save as much as a couple of hundred dollars per month from using coupons - many from the Chinook Book. I wanna swap some coupons? I have tons of the 2006 Chinook Books left coupons & not just for Portland - I have a bunch for Seattle & Eugene too! I'll bring them out Saturday & Sunday.

On a related note, does anyone know of sources for similar cool coupons in other cities?

Hey Robert, thanks for posting! My phone is just completely out of battery. I am back at the hotel and am going to charge it now, so I should be back in business in about an hour.

So yeah, we were thinking Proper Eats for dinner, but are also open to other suggestions. We've been to Blossoming Lotus and Veganopolis each a couple times, so a different place would be good. (Though we have been to BL for breakfast only, therefore have not had the soft serve yet.)

Yeah, let's go to Proper Eats

I'm super super busy but I'll try to PM some people, or perhaps other can too

I'm with Michelle right now so she might come with us. We're preparing for our Give Green Fair.

See you later, get in touch when your phone is back in action.

I had another great time hanging out tonight! I think we laughed more tonight than in a while and the laughs weren't even from my jokes.

I'll try to meet you for breakfast as well. It will be a long day tomorrow.

Bring your camera to the Give Green Fair! I think xdarthveganx, davidtarrfoster, chistmish, andesuma, loveliberate, and others will be there.

My sister might come by the Fair too.

Anyway, good times and I'll see you tomorrow.

So sad I missed Proper Eats! their food is amazing... Piper knows his (raw)energy.

Anyhow...

any plans for tonight??

I might be going to the Green Fair tomorrow to help out with Vega sales,

but we'll see what happends in my cycling world.

I am going to be downtown all day today at a Chemtrail conference and lecture about these weather control chemicals (www.stop-chemtrails.com)

Anyhow, then Don and I will be going to Veganopolis afterwards (around 5pm), so.. anyone can give me a call if they want to meet up.

Great to hear that ya'll had a fun get-together at Proper Eats last night!

Liz & Katrina,

Glad you've been enjoying Portlands vegan eateries. What did ya'll think of the food at Paradox this AM? Did anyone join ya? I look forward to seeing yall again later today at the Give Green Fair & if somethings planned for later today, we'll try to make that too.

Veganmadre,

Damn hippifreeks! Interesting places ya'll are looking at visiting. I'd love to catch anouther gathering myself, it's been years... I hope Texass isnt the spot fo this year's National though... I'd love to do an all vegan rainbow style gathering - Vegan Vacation '07? Anyway, I'll look forward to yr future thread!

We are at the airport now (they have free wireless service here) waiting for our plane. We got here kinda early so we still have an hour to boarding.

Thanks everyone for hanging out with us and being so welcoming! We had a really great time and it was great to meet forum folks in person.

LL, we enjoyed our Paradox breakfast a lot. K and I both had the french toast meal.

I wish we would be able to visit Portland again and see some of the outlying areas as well, but that seems unlikely.

If anyone is in Baltimore in the next 4 months, or in London anytime after March 07, just let us know!