lumbar belt

I have a big concern here, i always train without a lumbar belt , doesnt matter what kind of excersice i am doing

once i read that using that thing makes your spinal weaker, so i never used, now i am adding more and more waight and i want to know if its safer for my back or maybe i am in big risk of have a fracture or something bad

i will appreciate some advise

thanks

the big thing is that it takes away the neccessity of using your abs for stability so they rest. That will in turn make your abs week and make back injury more likely. I never used a belt for anything but squat maxes...and maybe when I threw the hammer throw but that was it. Just work your abs more and you definately shouldn't need it for any upper body stuff other than maybe standing upright presses.

Concerning the upperbody-exercises I agree to veganpotter.

But if the belt is used correctly it does NOT put your abs to sleep because you need to press all of your trunk muscles into the belt to have maximum stability. Us it for heavy exercises only (squats, deadlift, maybe rowing etc.).

And never forget: the belt only gives your muscles something to press against. Your muscles do the stailisation.

I think it's fine to use it with discretion, and it can be especially useful when you are doing heavy military presses with a barbell (when you really don't want to work the back and need more stabilization for safety).

For most lifts, I wouldn't use it, unless you are going really heavy.