Robert's Blog: "Everything is Awesome"

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks man. I do need group hugs from time to time. They always seem to help out.

I know, I just have to relax. It just seems like there is so much to do and so little time, but then again, I usually thrive in that situation (example: Vegan Holiday Festival).

See you tomorrow to help put some final touches on planning.

Cleansing is great, but my butt is starting to get sore.

I've been food-free for more than 40 hours now. I'm in a strangely good mood and I'm getting a lot of work done for the Vegan Vacation! That is very good news.

I'm giving a presentation "Thrive on a Plant-Based Diet - Whole Food Nourishment for Whole Body Health" in less than an hour, which is probably why I'm excited and in a good mood.

I've watched a lot of movies lately. Way more in one week than I normally do in a 6 month period.

I've seen in the theatre:

Shrek 3

Hairspray

On DVD:

Napoleon Dynamite

Zoolander

SuperSize Me

Dumb & Dumber

I'm still sitting in a towel, so I should dressed soon. I was just in the Vegan Vacation planning zone.

Well, time to go. I'll eat a bit tomorrow

I broke out of my cleanse in a strange way!

I ate just fruit all day and then Liz and I had dinner with my Dad and I had vegan sushi, then we met up with davidtarrfoster and I ate Vegan Pizza, mashed potatoes and gravy, fried tempeh, cookies, ice cream, etc.

It was really weird. I went without any food from Wednesday to Saturday and I was eating raw before that and most of the day today and then tonight I went a little crazy!

I'm not sure if the cleanse "worked" or not. But I'm back to eating "anything vegan" again so I should gain some weight back.

I had some crazy abs for a while when I was fasting. That was cool

Yeah. I pride myself on how much self control I have. I sometimes follow a very strict diet (as a vegan bodybuilder), I stay away from all drugs, stay away from swearing, and all kinds of other things, but tonight I just felt like eating!

I still have a lot of will power and self control, but I just wanted to eat and have fun with friends and family tonight.

It was good and I'm sure I'll be fine for yoga tomorrow. My back is still sore though

Goodnight to you as well.

Yeah. I pride myself on how much self control I have. I sometimes follow a very strict diet (as a vegan bodybuilder), I stay away from all drugs, stay away from swearing, and all kinds of other things, but tonight I just felt like eating!

I still have a lot of will power and self control, but I just wanted to eat and have fun with friends and family tonight.

It was good and I'm sure I'll be fine for yoga tomorrow. My back is still sore though

Goodnight to you as well.

The was really nice to read in your blog Robert

I feel happy inside

Yeah, it's good to break the fast when you get tired of wiping.

Sounds like you really wanted the food though after that. You're probably ready to start bulking up again, now that you've given yourself like a 2 - 3 day break from heavy digestion.

Today was a busy day!

It started with Yoga Class.

Then Liz and I baked cookies and muffins and other things for our fundraiser Bake Sale.

Then we worked at the bake sale for 5 hours. We saw a bunch of forum members who came by to say hi so that was great! After that we went square dancing for a short while and lotus took some videos.

After dancing it was time for tennis with oregonisaac. Then a quick stop to see loveliberate and then finally over to my sister's house and then back home to chill with davidtarrfoster.

Everyday is mini Vegan Vacation and today was super busy, but great!

Vegan Vacation is awesome! I love meeting all these people and of course seeing others I've met before.

We have an awesome 3-story Beach House and it is FULL!

We're rocking this place and we're all staying busy. We'll post some photos soon

Time to go eat!

Thanks lotus. I think I've talked with you more than anyone lately. It's sooooooo great having you and loveliberate as major organizers this year. You are both really running the show and everything has been great so far.

I have some awesome photos. I'm just too busy each day hanging out to get them posted. I'll share them soon.

Meeting a bunch of new people and making a bunch of new friends is quite cool. Sleep time!

I have been soooooooooooo busy! Vegan Vacation is always a busy time for me and not much of a "vacation" for me as an organizer. But all is well and I'm having an awesome time. I'm actually getting to bed around 1:30AM which is much earlier than normal.

Today I did get around to re-sizing 30 photos and I have dozens more to resize and post soon.

I've taken many photos and videos, but actually not nearly as many as I thought I was going to take. We met up with new forum members tonight (members that we didn't see at the beach house) so that was cool. We've had about 30 forum members and 20 non-forum members participate in events so far.

We're training early in the morning so I better get going to sleep now.

Awh I wanna have fun too I'am having fun here. But it's not the same without you Rob:(

I took a hard fall at the track yesturday. I need your help to rub some vegan friendly aloe cream on my road rash. Owh it ststttt... ings, owh it hur.....hurts (np's voice)

Vegan's are crazy !!!! haha

Hurry up and post some more pics

Hey Tasha,

Things are great! Today was an incredibly stressful day for me but it was also great. I'd love to help you out with your road rash, I hope you feel better soon. I'm sure we'll meet up one of these days soon.

So, here is how my stressful but awesome day went:

2:00AM - I fell asleep

6:30AM - Alarm went off to wake up to train. I hit snooze 4 times and finally made it out bed around 6:50AM. I had breakfast and picked up Offense and Sydney for a training session.

8:30AM - Offense, Sydney and I trained at the gym for an hour and a half. Sydney and I put in some great sets together and pushed each other really hard. Offense trained hard too but trained different muscles so we were in different parts of the gym.

10:30AM - Breakfast at Proper Eats with those boys

12:00PM - Hiked around Forest Park with about 15 forum members

2:30PM - Had lunch at Blossoming Lotus then shopped at Whole Foods

5:00PM - Met some totally awesome vegans from Seattle who are super cool, super cute and have super cute kids! Also met up with others and headed to Multnomah Falls.

6:30PM - Hiked at Multnomah Falls with 20 others and had an awesome time. We were there for 2 hours and took tons of pics

9:30PM - Had dinner at Proper Eats with a group of nearly 20.

1:00AM - Typing right now.

OK, off to bed in about an hour, I must eat some more

It is after 3AM and I'm still up. We have at least 8 forum members staying over at my house at the moment so we don't always get to bed at an appropriate time.

We need to be up by 7:30AM so now........it is time for sleep.

It is after 3AM and I'm still up. We have at least 8 forum members staying over at my house at the moment so we don't always get to bed at an appropriate time.

We need to be up by 7:30AM so now........it is time for sleep.

Yeah seriously, especially when one of those forum members sleeps on the couch in the living room and everyone is up laughing.

The wedding I attended was great today! It was a friend from growing up who got married............actually both Kenny and Annie are in my DVD for a few seconds in the vegan potluck scene.

Now I can barely stay awake. I'm about to say goodbye to Flanders

I love that Flanders guy and it will be sad to see him go. I think I will go to Germany one of these days (or years) and visit Flanders and others over there.

I can't stay awake any longer.......see a bunch of you tomorrow.