Jeremy's Blog

Guest veganpotter

I miss you guys already too I took out some pottery under some good lighting and it is even more gorgeous, so many more colors and textures I couldn't see before... I am sooo excited to be a collector of your work Jeremy!!

Woah.........his name is Jeremy? I've known him for 2 years and only know him has potter or veganpotter

Of course.............I'm only joking. In fact, Jessifly, as you know, I almost called him "Jeremy" when I said goodbye......but he'll always be potter to me. He's my potter and I love the guy.

Great having both potter and Jamie in Portland this summer. I wish I could have hung out more. Truly, I wish that and next time I'll make it happen. We're all still young. Many good times together are ahead of us.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the Kudos Jessifly. I hope you enjoy those pots for a long time to come.

As for missing everyone it was really hard to leave and I really hope to be back. Depending on how I do this next year with money I may come back and do the 3month vacation thing again(with a part time job this time) which would be great. If not I'll surely be at VV08. As for moving to Portland any time soon we'll see. I'd love to be there around all of you for good.

Jamie and I are having a great time driving cross country. We stopped at some great places and we're gonna post some pics once we get home and have high speed access. Right now we're staying at Jamie's grandmother's place(near Lincoln,NE) and we're leaving in the morning. We plan on stopping for food in St. Louis and then heading home. Its getting harder and harder the further we get away from Portland but I'm still enjoying the trip.

We finally made it back. We went through Oregon of course...then Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, West VA, then VA. I dropped Jamie off at home today and on the same day I drove through DC and up into Maryland. We had a great time and I'm hoping to do it again someday when we have a lot more leisure money. Then we can stop and eat at ever veg place in every city we stop in. As for Java we definitely had a few lattes on the way. Not quite as many as on the trip to Portland but we made sure we got some.

I'm back home and very much looking forward to doing some base training again. I miss the long easy miles of the winter. I do think I'm gonna do a time trial though. There are two coming up in the next few weeks...one is 40k and the other is 15 miles. It would be nice to break an hour in the 40k and I should if its not too windy.

Good to see you had a safe trip back! I think both of us were driving cross country at the same time. You went West to East through Northern USA, and I drove East to West through the Deep South. Glad to hear you made it alright.

Thanks for the two mugs Potter! Unfortunately, one broke during transit . I packaged it very well so I was sad. Luckily I got two and the other one is fine . It's in my new studio now.

Yes the tan lines are here but they'll be leaving soon. We have terrible weather and there is more than a 50% chance of rain nearly every day until Monday...most days forecast thunder too which isn't so hot.

As for the pots...I'm sorry to hear that. Surely you'll get more added to the collection in the future though.

Wow I felt terrible today. My legs sure weren't there. I did ride for about 60 miles but it wasn't easy even though I wasn't going all that fast. Hopefully that got most of the bugs out of my legs and I'll feel OK in the morning.

Weather was pretty icky today so I wound up giving my rollers another attempt. I'm beginning to get the hang of using them but its still a bit intimidating. I would hold onto my wall for a while then take my hands off as long as possible which was maybe for 30 second increments. Then I tried putting both hands on my handlebars and I nearly rode off That would have been really nasty so I went back to playing it safe. I think I'll get the hang of them in maybe 3-5 more attempts. I'm beginning to like it too...its a lot of fun. After that I jumped rope for about 35 minutes then hit the Bowflex for some upper body work. My mothers friend just got a new Bowflex and gave us her old one...its kinda junky since its the first model ever but it does the trick and it makes me want a new one even worse.

Weather was pretty icky today so I wound up giving my rollers another attempt. I'm beginning to get the hang of using them but its still a bit intimidating. I would hold onto my wall for a while then take my hands off as long as possible which was maybe for 30 second increments. Then I tried putting both hands on my handlebars and I nearly rode off That would have been really nasty so I went back to playing it safe. I think I'll get the hang of them in maybe 3-5 more attempts. I'm beginning to like it too...its a lot of fun. After that I jumped rope for about 35 minutes then hit the Bowflex for some upper body work. My mothers friend just got a new Bowflex and gave us her old one...its kinda junky since its the first model ever but it does the trick and it makes me want a new one even worse.

That's awesome Potter. I can't even balance on a trainer haha Dave took a nice tumble off the rollers and on a chair and still clipped in..

I wished you could of came to the BC champianships.

Ahh...poor Davy Was there a bunch of witnesses??? I'll make sure nobody every watched me do them without a bunch of things around me to grab on...I wouldn't dare do it with tons of people around until I could do it with my eyes closed. As for the BC championships I really wish I could have went...maybe next time. I'd love to race in Victoria again.

Ahh...poor Davy Was there a bunch of witnesses??? I'll make sure nobody every watched me do them without a bunch of things around me to grab on...I wouldn't dare do it with tons of people around until I could do it with my eyes closed. As for the BC championships I really wish I could have went...maybe next time. I'd love to race in Victoria again.

Yes there were lots of witnesses.. He was warming up before his 3k persuit.

What was your time here again?

I would have loved to be there! My 4k was 5:27...I have yet to do a 3k but I'd like to try it sometime.

Potter that's fantastic ! If you done a 4k then a 3k will feel like heaven on your legs

Dave still hasn't beaten your time

Wow did I have a painful ride today. The bike shop that I have an interview with in the morning has a group ride every Wednesday(30 miles but I have to ride about 8-9 to get there and then come back) and Saturday morning. They group split in two after 3-4 miles and boy was it fast. I could have hung in easily a few weeks ago but I was toast. I never got dropped or anything but I did regret not going with the slower group. Hopefully I'll feel good tomorrow after my interview and I'll take it easy for a long and easy ride.

Wow did I have a painful ride today. The bike shop that I have an interview with in the morning has a group ride every Wednesday(30 miles but I have to ride about 8-9 to get there and then come back) and Saturday morning. They group split in two after 3-4 miles and boy was it fast. I could have hung in easily a few weeks ago but I was toast. I never got dropped or anything but I did regret not going with the slower group. Hopefully I'll feel good tomorrow after my interview and I'll take it easy for a long and easy ride.

I'm crossing my fingers for you

Thanks....the pay won't be so hot but I think I'd have to get paid $3-4 per hour more somewhere else to make up for the discount I'd get since a lot of my money is going to bike stuff anyhow.

Hah...I finally have a job. The person that interviewed me just has to talk to the other owner to work out my hours...hopefully I'll be working by Monday.

Hah...I finally have a job. The person that interviewed me just has to talk to the other owner to work out my hours...hopefully I'll be working by Monday.

Well Done Potter.

Now I'll know who to go to If I want a sweet deal on bike parts