Jeremy's Blog

Guest veganpotter

Ahh OK. I think most people cannot adjust an aluminum frame properly but it can be done if someone knows how far they can push things. However if this person has no idea what they are doing and has no experience doing it its not worth risking. Steel is a different story but aluminum can only be bent so much. A front fork will need to be replaced but rear forks(stays) can be moved minimally. Just find out how many times he or she has done it before.

Gotcha thanks Potter..

Have fun at the beach house tomorrow !

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to get there tomorrow

I just had a nice 20 minute run and some heavy lunges and maybe 10 minute trotting cool down. After that I rode over to Roberts and I'm still chilling here now.

I'm getting packed and I can't wait for even the drive to the coast. Its gonna be so much fun. I'm hoping I can get some of the lazy butt cyclists to get up in the morning for rides...we'll see.

We're having a great time at the beach house today. Nothing is better than just hanging out, eating and talking with a bunch of forum members. I also just got a new tattoo on my ankle thanks to Lotus...its very cool and I'll be posting it soon. Jessifly, Lizworld and I pretty much all got matching tattoos in the same spot.

I love the tattoo...I think its your second calling Hopefully soon you and the three of us that got inked can maybe take a tattooey picture together.

I just got back from a late night ride an hour ago and it felt good to ride. I rode the day before yesterday and hiked up a ridiculous sand dune which was really fun running down...if only my legs weren't so darn sore.. The day before that I did some high rep leg press/calf work and I'm still paying for that. I also ate way too much this weekend so I'm not racing tomorrow...I'll be saving my last race for next Thursday.

Its easy...just eat 8000 or more calories of crap like me.

Oh...today I weighed in at 210. My ride was easy last night and I didn't even take much of a trip to the toilet. I didn't eat too much today which was good too. Far better than the past few days.

Today was fun. Pirate's Tavern really wasn't bad. The prices were really terrible but I was quite pleased with my burger and Jamie's shake tasted really good too. It was really interesting. I'm pretty sure the burger was fried but who cares...if I wanted something healthy I wouldn't have eaten there. Anyway I didn't eat much during the day so I didn't feel too guilty.

Today was fun. Pirate's Tavern really wasn't bad. The prices were really terrible but I was quite pleased with my burger and Jamie's shake tasted really good too. It was really interesting. I'm pretty sure the burger was fried but who cares...if I wanted something healthy I wouldn't have eaten there. Anyway I didn't eat much during the day so I didn't feel too guilty.

Hey Potter. how was comedy night? I raced tonight. I really good in my first presuit..I was happy with my results wooooottttt !!

I also raced the B's and C's in a 24 lap points race. I was keeping up right until near the 3rd lap where I caught someone's back wheel. I didn't go up track with him and hugged the pavement instead.. Got road rash on my knees and elbows. It sting like a SOAB getting all the dirt and rocks out.

Doesn't mean I'm not going to stop riding.. Vegan's are crazy hahaha

Hey Potter. how was comedy night?

On one note, I did really well in my presuit tonight ..I was happy with my results wooooottttt !!

I also raced the B's and C's in a 24 lap points race. I was keeping up right until near the 3rd lap where I caught someone's back wheel. I didn't go up track with him and hugged the pavement instead.. Got road rash on my knees and elbows. It sting like a SOAB getting all the dirt and rocks out.

Doesn't mean I'm not going to stop riding.. Vegan's are crazy hahaha

Comedy night would have been fun if we made it on time. We showed up at the very end but it was worth it being there to watch Sydneyvegan get his tattoo on his thigh. It was very very cool.

So whats the deal with recovery. I hope it doesn't take you too long. What kind of time did you turn in the pursuit??? I hope it hurt real bad Oh...I meant the pursuit...not the accident.

Haven't trained much lately. We've been doing lots of hiking and its probably good for me anyway. I have been eating a lot of crap though. Last night I ate a dozen donuts for $20...surprisingly I feel pretty good right now.

Comedy night would have been fun if we made it on time. We showed up at the very end but it was worth it being there to watch Sydneyvegan get his tattoo on his thigh. It was very very cool.

So whats the deal with recovery. I hope it doesn't take you too long. What kind of time did you turn in the pursuit??? I hope it hurt real bad Oh...I meant the pursuit...not the accident.

Nah I was at the track on sunday

I'm healing up very quit. Must be what vegan's eat

I would healed sooner if someone at the track didn't tell me to scab my layers off in the shower. OUCH ans sick !

It felt like I was going to barf at the end of my lap hahaha !!!

I did 3:32 in a 2k persuit. I beat the guy who I was racing against though !I'll beat my time as soon as I master the pedal stroke... Dave told me that I can put a lot more power in my legs. He said I wasn't going hard enough. Any tips Jer?

Really you've gotta find your pain threshold and figure out how to get there and hold it as long as you can. For some this means hitting it and blowing past it(resulting on losing speed but for some this is the best way to a good time)...and for others this means riding just under it for as long as possible until the finish. Another thing that I think will help you is doing really fast laps. Go to the track and warm up...do the fastest lap you possibly can(don't time yourself just put in a full effort and if you slow down at the line don't pay attention). Then get 4-5 rest laps in and do it again. You'll find out what your top speed is pretty quick. Drop maybe 5kph below that and try to hold it for two laps instead of one...then rest...then do it again. Don't worry about slowing down if you have no choice. Just power the pedals as much as can.

I had a terrible ride yesterday. I did well all things considered but it didn't feel good by any means. Those donuts sure do punish you. Anyhow...I did my normal 3hr 50-53mile ride. Not too bad considering what I ate.

Really you've gotta find your pain threshold and figure out how to get there and hold it as long as you can. For some this means hitting it and blowing past it(resulting on losing speed but for some this is the best way to a good time)...and for others this means riding just under it for as long as possible until the finish. Another thing that I think will help you is doing really fast laps. Go to the track and warm up...do the fastest lap you possibly can(don't time yourself just put in a full effort and if you slow down at the line don't pay attention). Then get 4-5 rest laps in and do it again. You'll find out what your top speed is pretty quick. Drop maybe 5kph below that and try to hold it for two laps instead of one...then rest...then do it again. Don't worry about slowing down if you have no choice. Just power the pedals as much as can.

POWER who cares if my legs hurt.. give it POWER !!!!! Thanks Potter.. I'll let you know if I puked at the end of my persuit...

Have you ever crashed at the track?

I have yet to crash at the track but I've hit the pavement three times on the road. Never in a race but at the end of training rides where we race light to light or in one case an uphill sprint where I tangles bars with someone.

Just got back from an easy 80 minute ride. I didn't feel too good though. My legs didn't have much of any power thanks to my not so normal appetite yesterday and today. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

ehhh...didn't get on the bike yesterday but I guess I'm probably better off for it. Today I'll probably be taking Sydneyvegan to the velodrome for a beginner class which will make for a good pre race ride and a bit of fun.

I just got back from a nice late night ride to prep for what is likely my last race of the season(especially on the track). Hopefully I'll do well to end everything off but if not I still had a great first season of racing and I'm looking forward to getting back to building my base again and getting some strength back in my legs.

I just got back from a nice late night ride to prep for what is likely my last race of the season(especially on the track). Hopefully I'll do well to end everything off but if not I still had a great first season of racing and I'm looking forward to getting back to building my base again and getting some strength back in my legs.

What sort of things to you do in the off season Jer?

This year I'm gonna follow Dave. He said I should do a lot of base miles(I did 500+km per week last year) and some work on the rollers a few times a week which I trust.