Jeremy's Blog

Guest veganpotter

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did eat too much but too much in the sense that I ate as much as I normally do and I normally eat too much

Now I'm gonna go out on my bike for a long late night ride.

Wow...I just got back from a crazy ride. I left the apartment at 11:40... rode the Springwater Corridor for a while...until it ended I'm guessing. It was super dark and bunnies were all over the trail. Most of the time they ran across the trail maybe 30-40ft before I got to them so I wasn't too scared of hitting one until one or two started running the same way I was going...then the bunny ran along my side for 5 seconds or so...that was really weird. Anyway no bunnies were killing/injured during my ride so I was happy. As for the trail it was kinda weird. All of a sudden it went to dirt for maybe 5 miles then it ended...I'm now thinking there was a sign pointing me to the continuing trail but I obviously missed that. Anyway it was fun. I rode into the most uninteresting town I'd ever ridden in. However the trail ended at a wonderful place...the Boring Farmer's Market...oddly enough nobody is there at 1:30am. Anyway I was worried about getting home. But I just rode toward the brighter part of the sky(likely to be Portland) and it took me home. It was a very nice ride and I'm definitely doing it again. I feel much better than I did earlier and I'm hoping that most of the bugs in my legs from that day of lifting will be gone by 5:30 since I'm training with a cycling club at the track.

I had an interesting day at the track today. It was fairly low in intensity and volume but it was fun. I learned how to do some Madison exchanges which was a blast. The madison is sort of a cycling relay where you throw teammates to get them up to speed after you do two laps.

I felt kinda icky on my ride but rode strong anyhow. But just to be safe I cut it short and kept it to two hours. I don't wanna overdo it considering I have 3 races on Thursday and one/maybe two races on Saturday.

I had a nice ride today. I'm prepping for some time trials and today was my first day of big gear pushing. I haven't done that for a while but I was surprisingly strong. Hopefully when I put my bigger chainring on my track bike I won't even notice...or even better it'll feel small compared to my smaller ring.

Just got back from an easy run. I took about a 15 minute jog with a hell of a lot of lunges and some short sprints...then a 5 minute trot home.

I had an interesting day at the track today. It was fairly low in intensity and volume but it was fun. I learned how to do some Madison exchanges which was a blast. The madison is sort of a cycling relay where you throw teammates to get them up to speed after you do two laps.

The first time I saw a madison a couple of months ago.. Very cool !

Should I warn Dave to put a lock on his fridge?

Watch out Dave!

Hey potter.....if interested.....Proper Eats tonight around 5:30PM. Chef Al and Donna will be there. I think I'll stop by around 5:30 or 6PM and then head to the gym after that. I won't actually eat there, but just visit for a bit.

In case you're interested.

Also, what's your schedule this weekend? Want to work on Vegan Vacation planning? Have fun on the bike!

How's Saturday after my race??? I'll be riding Sunday with an Organic Athlete board member to talk over the Tour D'Organics and I'm not sure what time yet so Saturday after my race is great. As for Proper Eats I'd like to go but I already had plans with Jamie for eating at Veganopolis and going to Powell's so say Hi for me

Unfortunately for you that didn't keep me out of cars when I was younger so unless you have booby traps I think I can manage.

I'm just gonna take it real easy tonight. Pretty much gonna take a dilly dally ride with a few short powerful sprints in between but for the most part I'm warming up....staying warm for a while then cooling down for my race in the morning.

I definitely overdid it today. I got a bit lost and I saw a sign for Interstate that is a road that would have taken me home....but instead this was Interstate 5. So I rode on Interstate 5 for nearly 10minutes before I could exit and wound up in Jonzen Beach. Not a good idea. Anyway I found out there was a bike path along most of the same road which was good since I thought I may have to get back on 5 and hope not to get seen by the police. Anyway I hammered it a bit more than I wanted to since I needed to get home ASAP. I wanted to ride easy for 90minutes with maybe 15 minutes of hard riding. Instead I rode about 140minutes with about 40 minutes of hard riding. Hopefully this doesn't hurt my racing too much. Unfortunately my start time will likely be some time before 11am and I've gotta check in at 9am.

Unfortunately for you that didn't keep me out of cars when I was younger so unless you have booby traps I think I can manage.

haha ! I just let you come over then I'll make sure to buy out thirfty produce !

Hey My spanking new bell sweep came in today !! YAAAH

it's like Dave's. But mine's green and white.. I wouldn't want people to mix us up

Veganpotter, how is the cycling in Portland compared to where you used to live? i.e are there lots of cyclists? Lots of good bike shops, good roads, good routes etc....?

How has the weather been since you have been there?

How long will you be living in portland?

Sorry for all the questions. I really do want to get out there.

Its rained maybe thrice since I've been here which is actually a lot for the summer. As for cyclists they really are everywhere. I've gone on two rides after 11pm since I got here and both times I saw at least 3 others in cycling kits. In the day there are cyclists spotting the road everywhere(even more if you count people just commuting). The roads are incredible and so are the routes. Getting lost last night was great because it gave me a new route. Not that I needed it. This is probably the only city in the country with over 300,000 people that is suitable for 24hr training without ever leaving the city. There is also an average of 2 races a week for any category all year long(this excludes track cycling). As for bike shops they are everywhere too. I know its not the case but it almost seems like there are more bike shops than car dealerships. As for staying here we'll only be here until the middle of August. It'll be sad to go but I'll be leaving during the rainy season so I can't complain to much.

Ask any questions you want...even ask the same ones over again. I love it here and I felt like I was at home after I was here for just a few days last year.

I had a so so race today. I was really tired as soon as I got on the bike thanks to my not so smart late ride last night. Anyway I felt OK for the first third of the race and tried to speed up but my legs just didn't quite have it. I really think I could have easily dropped another 5 seconds or more. I may have been able to win too but I know I would have finished at least in second. I finished 4th out of the Cat 4s but the 3rd place person beat me by less than 1 second. 2nd beat me by 4 seconds, and 1st beat my by 8 seconds. I know for sure I lost 2 on my first lap so thats something I need to keep working on. It was kinda awkward starting in the turn though. since the track is 258m and not 250m the staggered start was maybe 10 feet before the turn. It was really weird and I was afraid of starting too slow and sliding down the track but it wasn't too bad...it just felt that way.

I got a bit lost and I saw a sign for Interstate that is a road that would have taken me home....but instead this was Interstate 5. So I rode on Interstate 5 for nearly 10minutes before I could exit and wound up in Jonzen Beach. Not a good idea.

:lachmal::lachmal::lachmal::lachmal:

Potter you are awesome!!

Not feelin too hot so I took it easy today. Just some abs. I'm hoping to do some really high speed stuff tomorrow with lots of recovery in between.

I felt pretty icky on the track today. I think I need to push some tiny gears and get the bugs out of my legs before I head to Canada to race.

I had a decent run tonight. I went out for about 30 minutes...then did lunges and sprints...then trotted home and walked for 10 minutes. If felt pretty good. Now I'm looking forward to going to Victoria in the morning to get some good racing in over the weekend along with Dave Noisy...should be fun.