Jeremy's Blog

Guest veganpotter

I just ate a crap load of a makeshift bratwurst and sauerkraut by frying up some tempeh first...throwing in the sauerkraut then slicing two smart dogs in it. Luckily it was mostly liquid so I was pretty much hydrating myself. It was very very yummy.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes...this is also why you must eat more vegetable pakora...oil is thicker than water and will hydrate your body longer.

Wow...I sure was weak today. I didn't feel all that bad but I got on the treadmill and I just didn't have it...35minutes of easy running and I felt so weak. Then it was to the weight...a very pathetic display of upper body strength...but thats do to slacking on that part of my body.

I had a great ride today. It was nice to get on the bike after not being able to yesterday. It was a pretty hard day since I didn't feel all that well but it was still fun. Lots of very hard short intervals mixed in with some big gear mashing for rest(which is really only rest for my lungs).

Now I'm busy consolidating my junk for our move west...I'm very much looking forward to this.

Yes...I was very sad to not read my posts for 3 days wither Now that I can read them I'm happy.

As for out trip its great other than the weather. We planned at doing more sight seeing but its been really windy and wet. Hopefully we'll be luckier in Montana and Idaho. I did get some good track time though so that was well worth it even though the weather almost cancelled my day.

Hopefully I'll be back online soon

We just got into Billings, Montana today and the drive was wonderful...we will be posting pics soon enough. Around noon we'll be headed south to the Rockies with Montanavegan and its gonna be great to see some snow in June since I didn't even see any during winter.

Today was a lot of fun. Montanavegan gave us a tour of a tiny piece of the Rockies...which at the time seemed like the biggest thing on earth. It was great and I'm looking forward to coming back to Billings in the future.

As for training I went out for a tiny run in the morning and the altitude was a huge wakeup call. After 3 minutes of easy running(normally the point when I speed up) my heart began to beat with insane force(my pulse wasn't that high it was just beating hard). I only ran for 20 minutes(never speeding up at all) and did my abs. This is at maybe 2300ft above sea level...makes me think...Santa Fe is gonna be hell to train in for a while but once I move from there everything will be a breeze. Anyway during our tour we went on a short hike...I'm thinking it was 6000ft or so above sea level but maybe more. It was slow, short and easy but I could tell my lungs weren't relaxed. Back at sea level I wouldn't have felt anything on that walk but there it was a bit of a workout

which is weird since we walked little over a mile or so. Its a very humbling experience to be tackled my something like a drive up a mountain and a short walk.

Thats exactly what I want to do. I really think at 5000ft I'd get in better shape sleeping than I would training hard at sea level. Maybe not 2000ft lazy Potter but 5000ft lazy potter would get some great cardio in without any work.

don't forget to store some super oxygenated veganpotter blood while you're at it

That would have been a good idea. Maybe when I go to Santa Fe I'll load up.

Being a bit lazy today...later I'm probably gonna lift with Darthvegan. However that will be some time after eating way too much at Proper Eats.

Yup I'm here and just took my first ride today.

It was a great time getting on the bike again...the first time since Wednesday. I rode up Mount Tabor twice(its not a big mountain by any means)...once at the start of my ride and once at the end. It was a hard day...lots of stop and go which is what I need to work on my starts for my pursuits. Tomorrow I'm gonna do an easy spin on the track with my road bike then work a bit in my aero bars with my track bike. I won't be pushing too much...just getting used to the position. I probably won't be doing a real timed one for a while anyway but its nice to stay fresh.

***I got lucky today and stopped in a clay studio close to the place I'm staying at. The person I spoke too has a recently screwed up shoulder and may need some assistance which will be nice.

I'm getting ready to take it to the track...I plan on warming up a bit on my road bike then doing a bit of hammering in aero position...should be lots of fun.

Wow I'm stupid...I mixed up my days and took today as a day before race day. Not too smart Oh well...I'm not that concerned with my results for Thursday since its my first day as a Cat 4...I'm even considering racing Friday instead due to this mishap.

Anyway today was fun. I couldn't ride my road bike much though...I thought I could ride it on the track but I clipped my pedal on the track and realized my cranks were too long. So I just rode in aero bars(on my track bike) for a little over an hour. I did some hard starts and worked on standing longer...I think I need a much larger gear for this as well since it was getting tough to stand much more then 10ft past the end of the first turn and I should be standing even into the second turn. I also worked on some flying 200s. I wasn't timing or anything but I think it may be a pretty good event for me.