How to get a six pack?

Attila

Hi guys,

how can I get a six pack. Currently I am training my stomach with an exercise that includes weights. Don't know how to explain it but it's really cool. You have to pull down a rope and bend until you reach the bottom or something like that...

But I really want to have a big six pack (what guy doesn't ). Can anybody give me an advise?

Thanks

let me just point out that while low bodyfat is definitely super important to getting it....it doesnt guarantee it!

I was 4% bodyfat what I was doing a lot of endurance races...and I didn;t have a six pack....and trust me...I wanted it!

I think it will take a combo of low bodyfat, decent genetics and heavy training on the abs. Heavy training means not just crunches...but actually doing weight bearing work with the abs. Crunches with a 25lb plate on your chest. Leg raises (effectively weight bearing). Medicine ball work.

The abs are basically a big slab of muscle. Work them like any other muscle. In fact, work them a little bit harder since you use of every day (like the calves).

Granted...I still don't have a six pack (and am nowhere near 4% BF! more like 14!) but the above advice is what I've heard from folks who do and seem to know what they are talking about.

let me just point out that while low bodyfat is definitely super important to getting it....it doesnt guarantee it!

I was 4% bodyfat what I was doing a lot of endurance races...and I didn;t have a six pack....and trust me...I wanted it!

I think it will take a combo of low bodyfat, decent genetics and heavy training on the abs. Heavy training means not just crunches...but actually doing weight bearing work with the abs. Crunches with a 25lb plate on your chest. Leg raises (effectively weight bearing). Medicine ball work.

The abs are basically a big slab of muscle. Work them like any other muscle. In fact, work them a little bit harder since you use of every day (like the calves).

Granted...I still don't have a six pack (and am nowhere near 4% BF! more like 14!) but the above advice is what I've heard from folks who do and seem to know what they are talking about.

Ravi stole this answer from me Just kidding, but I was going to say the same thing!

When I compete on stage I get to about 2% or 3% bodyfat and my abs are never good

I always thought it was just low bodyfat and they'd come out and then a few people asked me if I did heavy ab training. I thought about it and realized I didn't do any heavy ab training, just sit-ups, crunches and occasionally some leg raises.

So NOW I have a day JUST FOR ABS, in fact it was yesterday. I spent a whole hour training abs, just like any other muscle. I neglected them in the past.

I also agree that it is a combination of genetics, low bodyfat, and heavy abdominal training.

Here is a photo of me at about 2% bodyfat and crap abs

http://myspace-496.vo.llnwd.net/00289/69/47/289617496_l.jpg

Stick to the heavy ab training like any other muscle group, get low bodyfat and hope you have genetics that will make them show!

Iron City is NOT vegan. they use fish products in one of their filters. at least that was what i was always told by other vegans in the know. not as if i was missing much there anyway. Straub is the only Pennsylvania beer i'll drink.

Iron City most certainly is vegan. See below links:

http://www.veganaustin.org/topic.php?id=45

http://www.askcarla.com/answers.asp?QuestionandanswerID=362

I wrote an article on veganbodybuilding on "how to get 6 pack abs"

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/topher.html

read it and check it out. I hope this helps.

Dude, I was going to link people to it and I totally forgot because I got on my own thing about training/genetics/and nutrition program.

But yeah, read Topher's article too! I meant to say that from the get go

• 2 months later...