Senate Bill 3880 against 'animal terrorism,' how ironic

joelbct

House Resolution 4239, Senate Bill 3880, the Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act http://www.theorator.com/bills109/s3880.html

How ironic... They are seeking severe punishments against people who cause serious bodily injury to individuals involved in "animal enterprises" that cause serious bodily injury to animals. Do our alleged leaders not see the hypocrisy in this stance?

-Joel

" (5) the term `serious bodily injury' means--

`(A) injury posing a substantial risk of death;

`(B) extreme physical pain;

`© protracted and obvious disfigurement; or

`(D) protracted loss or impairment of the function of a bodily member, organ, or mental faculty; and

`(6) the term `substantial bodily injury' means--

`(A) deep cuts and serious burns or abrasions;

`(B) short-term or nonobvious disfigurement;

`© fractured or dislocated bones, or torn members of the body;

`(D) significant physical pain;

`(E) illness;

`(F) short-term loss or impairment of the function of a bodily member, organ, or mental faculty; or

`(G) any other significant injury to the body. "

It seems to me then, that all we need is a savy lawyer to point out that agri-business = violation of this bill...of course we get that to happen AFTER the bill becomes law so then all of a sudden, factory farming would be illegal and all my friends who think I'm crazy would have to go veggie hehehe

It seems to me then, that all we need is a savy lawyer to point out that agri-business = violation of this bill...

As the bill is worded, we would have to prove to the court that an animal = a person for the bill to make factory farming illegal...

Maybe one day, I hope and pray...