Pittsburgh Vegan Meetup - Pittsburgh's Coolest Vegans!

michaelhobson

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far, we haven't had any presenters. We really should though, and I've always thought it would be cool to have you as a guest speaker. Let me know when you are going to be on this side of the country, I'm sure we can put something together. We even have some vegan celebrities as members, like Jo Stepaniak author of The Uncheese Cookbook.

I'll let you know. I've been to potluck and meet-up groups in lots of cities and many of them have speakers. I think it does add another element to it and is something for the group to look forward to.

I'll let you know for sure if I'm out there or if I know other speakers who are in the area, I may have them get in touch to see if they can stop by your group to do a talk.

Great work!

I'd love to hang out again anyway, so I'll see what I can do....

• 1 month later...

It's been a couple of months since I've pimped the Pittsburgh Vegan Meetup over here ate VB&F. Since my last update in April, we've added 23 new members, up to 247 now and held 7 more meetups for a total of 47 since we formed in November 2006.

So, why haven't you started a vegan meetup in your city already?

Our next meetup is at Dozen Bake Shop. This is their second Vegan Dessert Night which was in part inspired by our group.

http://photos2.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/4/2/e/8/global_4397128.jpeg

This from James, the owner of Dozen Bake Shop.

Ok, so the next Vegan Dessert night will be Wednesday, July 23rd. Starting at 5:30 and ending at close (9pm.)

I know we sold out of everything last time so I will be baking a lot more this time.

Menu:

Chocolate Mousse Cake with warm chocolate ganche

Vanilla Bean Cake with Strawberries and white peach couli

Rice Krispy treats (it's a guilty pleasure, I know.)

Vegan cupcakes (of course)

I will focus on the cakes this time and ensure there is enough to last the night. If I do 2 of each cake then I will

have a total of 48 pieces. That should be enough, right? I'll keep an eye on the meet up board to see how many

say they are coming for sure. If you decide to come in droves then I'll bake more. Of course I hope you decide

to come in droves.

My staff said that you all were a fantastic bunch and really enjoyed that you came out. Thanks again.

James

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, we've added another 11 members just in the past two weeks, up to 258 now!

Are any of you guys on here in Pittsburgh? One of our members has worked out a "vegetarian speed dating" event with cupid.com, but so far it's almost all women attending. Any of you guys want a chance to date a dozen vegan women in one night? http://vegan.meetup.com/399/calendar/7925128/