LOST TV series (includes spoilers)

JW

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I totally agree about his importance. Terry O'Quinn is a great actor; I just felt most of the stuff he was given by the writers in Season 3 wasn't that great. The first two seasons he really had room to grow as a character. But I'm still happy he won. And I'm expecting Locke to become REALLY important soon.

Oh, I totally agree about his importance. Terry O'Quinn is a great actor; I just felt most of the stuff he was given by the writers in Season 3 wasn't that great. The first two seasons he really had room to grow as a character. But I'm still happy he won. And I'm expecting Locke to become REALLY important soon.

Yeah, if i were to pick one Lost character as my favourite, that would be Lock. He seems to have such a strong character concerning all he has been through in his b.c. (=before crash) life. The next one would be Kate for obvious reasons

I find it quite ironic that a bunch of vegans like the character on Lost that hunts their boar that they eat! I like Locke,but I think my favorite is Sawyer. Maybe we should start a list of our top 5 Losties,mine would be:

1 James Ford (aka Sawyer) because he's a hottie,and he's misunderstood

2 Kate ( Evangeline Lily is an exceptional actress)

3 Jack (I've liked Matthew Fox since Party of Five)

4 Sayid ( a very interesting character, and Naveen does a great accent)

5 Locke, Desmond,Hurley,Rose, and almost everyone else in the show.

I find it quite ironic that a bunch of vegans like the character on Lost that hunts their boar that they eat! I like Locke,but I think my favorite is Sawyer. Maybe we should start a list of our top 5 Losties,mine would be:

1 James Ford (aka Sawyer) because he's a hottie,and he's misunderstood

2 Kate ( Evangeline Lily is an exceptional actress)

3 Jack (I've liked Matthew Fox since Party of Five)

4 Sayid ( a very interesting character, and Naveen does a great accent)

5 Locke, Desmond,Hurley,Rose, and almost everyone else in the show.

ok, it's getting interesting

First, about the vegan-Lock thing i should say that none of the characters is a vegan or even a vegetarian and everybody eats from the animals that Lock kills. So everybody is equally guilty in that aspect About Sawyer, i should remind you that in one episode while hanging around in the woods with Hugo (Hurley), he's so annoyed by a frog's noise, that when he finally captures it, he squashes it in his hand Concerning the meat eating on the island, they just try to survive. If i were in their place i would only choose fruits and veggies that seem to be in abundance there. but if i were to eat meat or die i would definately choose to eat some meat although i believe it's not natural.

My top 5 would be

1. Lock (for his strong and clever character)

2. Jack (also for his altruistic character)

3. Kate (she's hot )

4.Sayid (interesting character+dark past)

5. Sun (i don't know how to spell it. the Korean Lady. She's so quite, yet emotionally strong and clever).

• 1 year later...

I just watched the first two episodes of season 5 of Lost. What a piece of crap this show has become. Watch season 1 and 2, then come back to season 5, it's like a totally different thing, nothing makes sense, everything is just stupid, no character development, we're shown loads of different times "all happening at the same time" which is nonsensical... but I'll keep watching until the very end before I once and for all state that this show become a turd. I can't see how they can rectify what they've done

I just watched the first two episodes of season 5 of Lost. What a piece of crap this show has become. Watch season 1 and 2, then come back to season 5, it's like a totally different thing, nothing makes sense, everything is just stupid, no character development, we're shown loads of different times "all happening at the same time" which is nonsensical... but I'll keep watching until the very end before I once and for all state that this show become a turd. I can't see how they can rectify what they've done

I'm surprised you feel that way. I thought they were pretty easy episodes to follow, and we got a few answers mixed in. Plus, Frogurt got what was coming to him. As for character development, I think we saw a lot out of Hugo (and the little Desmond that we saw), but we also got character reinforcement with Kate and Sayid, which is important after a long real-life break and in-show time jump. And at this point we're seeing a lot of these characters near the end of their arcs. And watching Hurley foil Ben's plans was pretty fun.

I was actually pleased to see that they've dropped the character-specific flashbacks/forwards and are now just showing us what they think we need to know as we need to know it, regardless of linearity and without needing to explicitly telling us where or when something is occurring.

No, I found it easy to follow - but much of what was happening doesn't make sense logically

I guess I'm just more willing to give the benefit of the doubt. I don't mind a few things not making logical sense for the moment. But if there's a bunch of things like that still left at the end of the series, then I'll be pissed, so I can see where you're coming from.

I loved it. To me this season seemed to go back to the way the first season was as far as being mysterious,and kind of creepy.

I also found the first hour that was explaining the whole concept quite facinating. We basically got a look into what the creators of the show think.

• 2 months later...

not too pleased the direction the show has been taking.

Lots of frustrated viewers out there. A couple of my friends have given up on it completely.

I'm hoping that they start tying together the loose ends soon.

The only thing I think is really funny about the evolution of the show is how they totally rickrolled people who would otherwise never ever watch science fiction into being completely obsessed with a show that is pretty much pure science fiction and fantasy.

That was a good one.