Guitar Guns

Something I've noticed, people who don't work out too much (men at least) often have a much bigger dominant arm from beating off. I have the opposite, where my whacking arm is smaller due to my other hand being my picking hand for guitar. As such, when I.m sitting around (like now) I try to flex and "pick" with my left (dominant) arm. I think it does help, though I do it less consistently than guitar, so my right still dwarfs my right. It's really a huge difference too.

Anyway, if you've got a weak arm or body part, that's a way to try and make up for it. Brush your teeth with the weak arm. And do it with passion and fury. Stuff like that has made a difference for me.

I suppose it's actually a variation on isometrics.

Generally, I do exercises that entail both sides of my body being hit simultaneously. One legged squats or one armed curls just seem kinda dumb when I could save time with two.

Actually, I've always been curious: is there any real benefit to alternate curls? I've always curled both arms for every rep, which saves time. It's worked fine in my experience.

Generally, I do exercises that entail both sides of my body being hit simultaneously. One legged squats or one armed curls just seem kinda dumb when I could save time with two.

Actually, I've always been curious: is there any real benefit to alternate curls? I've always curled both arms for every rep, which saves time. It's worked fine in my experience.

I don't know why people have done it either. When I hold 2 dumbbells like that it just extends the time that they're hanging in my arms, so I don't like it as much.

If you're doing an exercise where both limbs are moving independent of each other, then it makes little difference. If both limbs are moving the same thing IE barbell curl, leg press etc, then there is the chance that you're favouring one side, pushing harder with your stronger side and laying off on your weaker side slightly. I personally like to do things one at a time just so I can focus on the form and make sure I am doing it right.

Makes sense with the form point.

I would imagne that the ability to do more weight comes from being able to manipulate that side of the body more easily and twist and turn and whatnot, which in other words means poor form. But that's just me. If I do one armed curls, you have to employ some extra stabilizing muscles and I might do a little "extra stabilizing".

I don't mind working legs one at a time or both at a time but with my upper body I always do one at a time unless I'm doing my chest, lats or shoulders...bi/tris are always one at a time for me(almost always)

Makes sense with the form point.

I would imagne that the ability to do more weight comes from being able to manipulate that side of the body more easily and twist and turn and whatnot, which in other words means poor form. But that's just me. If I do one armed curls, you have to employ some extra stabilizing muscles and I might do a little "extra stabilizing".

Nah, even if I do it on a preacher bench that prevents me from doing cheating movements I can do more weight one at a time. The reason why is because I can concentrate specifically on the muscle fibers in that one arm