My Ska Band

pelicanAndrew

We left one song off because we didn't have lyrics. Hopefully next semester will have a 5 song EP.

Gonna be called "Milliska: Recital Credit". Total inside joke for our university but whatever.

Glad you liked it. Some of the stuff is a little rough(out of tune, some of my drum fills are weird on kiss the girl) but we're gonna fix it all up. Might even press some vinyl.

Might even press some vinyl.

Yeah Baby, Vinyl! I'm surprised you 'kids' know what that stuff is.

True, a lot of kids nowadays don't know what vinyl is. But now they're starting to use it again, so apparently now it's "cool." In my case I grew up listening to my parents old records.

it's awesome, i really liked it.. =D

really original though...

the only thing that i didn't liked was the syncronization between the vocal and the instruments.. i mean, it was great, except that the timing was a bit different i believe. but that's all, i really liked it.

Nice collection there. Nice and raw, that is what I always liked that about Ska, its high energy and organic feel.

What Ska bands are your influences ?

I grew up with the late 70s early 80s Ska. With mainly English bands like :-

Madness

The Specials & The Special AKA

The Selector

Bad Manners

And reggae / Ska variations like

The Beat

UB40

Plus I got into the Ska bands of the 60s from Jamaica, lots of good stuff in there, some are pretty rude in the lyrics too

My Favourites will always be Madness and The Specials.

Keep going with the music. Stay Ska'd for life !

Wow I haven't even heard of the new "3rd wave" stuff you spoke about. Any links to videos or music clips of them...Ones that you think are pretty good.

Did a quick search on amazon.com and looked at the compilations. Wow there is loads of new ska bands, I think there must be more happening in the states than there is going on in the UK at the moment.

Going to do 2 tone stuff that is so cool. That is mainly The Specials' stuff, but there are also Madness and Elvis Costella early stuff on that label too, before the 2 went over to Stiff records.

Just found a bit of a back catelogue of 2 tone at

http://2-tone.info/uk_disco.html

Now you have me thinking about importing the CDs

Loved the horn work in your music too !!!