Too much?

Unfortunately this is the world of pro sports...if it were an even playing field I would do my best to become a competative olympic cyclists(a medal contender) but I know all I can hope for is to qualify since most of the people that even consider trying to qualify are just as dirty as the men at the top.

i dont care for sports or competition. i like cycling for fun and enjoying nature, rather than trying to compete others, but thats my opinion

... 'roids and all that just destroys the spirit and the ''hard-working'' part of sports..

People work really hard to ''succeed'' and then when they're in the field they find a bunch of frankies', and the only choice left is to become a frankie's too...that wouldn't make me a happy..

that's messed up..

I thought the point of taking roids was to work harder? Since bodybuilding is purely about aesthetics and not about how you got there, drug-users don't really piss me off that much. Before you start arguing about the validity of chemical assistance in sports, I'd rather question if bodybuiling should be considered a sport. After all, who get's to be Mr Olympia boils down to the individual taste and aesthetic understanding of the judges (and politics ). I can't think of another athletic discipline where subjective taste decides over the outcome of the event.

I´m loving the way those freaks look!

I´d like to look like kevin levrone

http://www.fitplus.cz/allpic/mf/f_237.jpg

or dennis wolf

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/2857/library1889dwsl0.jpg

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/4797/536abu6.jpg

http://www.ronnie.cz/_img/Clanky/2471_1.jpg

http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/6879/library1882bk1.jpg

or also the german thomas scheu

http://www.thomasscheu.de/fotos/IMG_2470_01.jpg

i have to admit that i oft think about taking roids to achieve such a body

... 'roids and all that just destroys the spirit and the ''hard-working'' part of sports..

People work really hard to ''succeed'' and then when they're in the field they find a bunch of frankies', and the only choice left is to become a frankie's too...that wouldn't make me a happy..

that's messed up..

I thought the point of taking roids was to work harder? Since bodybuilding is purely about aesthetics and not about how you got there, drug-users don't really piss me off that much. Before you start arguing about the validity of chemical assistance in sports, I'd rather question if bodybuiling should be considered a sport. After all, who get's to be Mr Olympia boils down to the individual taste and aesthetic understanding of the judges (and politics ). I can't think of another athletic discipline where subjective taste decides over the outcome of the event.

I agree with the bolded part. Seriously, what is the big deal with using steroids? I think it is fair in bodybuilding. This is because there are different federations which allow and disallow drug use, so the playing field is level within any one given federation. If you want to stay natural, compete in INBF/INBA. If you want to use steroids to further your physique, than compete in IFBB, etc. I don't see the big deal at all. This is not like professional basektball where the only realistic pro federation is the NBA, where using steroids would put one person at advantage over the other in the organizaton. There are multiple federations to choose from, just choose which one allows the things that are going to get you the physique that you want to ultimately get, go balls to the wall for it, and shut your mouth. That's my opinion.

Edited to say that I don't think roid users necessarily work harder, but that they can put in the same dedication as non-users (basically I don't think of it as a short-cut or cheat as many people do).

A few more great ones of massive muscle!

http://a195.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/52/l_ac645283bb565e25cc11dd999cb96f1a.jpg

[/img]

I love the huge lats on this guy! I have a question that's been nagging me for some time. On the natural competitors, I see big arms, cut, huge quads, pecs, the whole deal... except those huge bellowing lats, those softball like chunks of flesh on the sides of the body. I mean, a lot of natty's seem to have good lats from the back, but from the front, I've never, ever seen them big like on someone who juices. Is it possible to get those huge lats without juice? Any examples? I want to those chunks of flesh that rotate to the front of your body when you hit a front lat spread and just blow peoples minds away! Thoughts?

Actually lots of sports are based on subjectivity...look at Gymnastics, Figure Skating, Diving, Moguls(time and art)...these are all sports and subjectivity is a very big part...hell...the Chinese in 2000 lost points in women's gymnastics because they had uniforms that didn't fit properly

well, i might not be an expert, but it's not hard to see that in short-term these drugs help you grow instantly, and your work end up being more efficient ( to grow muscles ) than a person that does not uses theses drugs.. i wouldn't say that's more work..

well, what pisses me of is when people use these drugs when they're not suppose to... cuz if they're usin' ... they should be in the right event.

Actually lots of sports are based on subjectivity...look at Gymnastics, Figure Skating, Diving, Moguls(time and art)...these are all sports and subjectivity is a very big part...hell...the Chinese in 2000 lost points in women's gymnastics because they had uniforms that didn't fit properly

But some these sports are different, because although they involve judging the judges are awarding points based on a defined criteria. Sure, the judges can make mistakes, but in diving and gymnastics they are trained to take off specific deductions for specific errors. OTOH In bodybuilding and figure skating and others, there's no exact criteria for what is esthetically appealing.

Point is, although there is human error in any judges sport (like your gymnastics example) there is a difference between objective judging systems and subjective/esthetic systems.

Actually there are specific deductions for figure skating as well but when half of the score is presentation(a bit less for gymnastics but its still there)...the judges had free reign to do as they please. In the case of figure skating(which I used to pay very close attention) Americans seem to get judged better than they perform by judges from nearly every nation except the national judges who come from countries with medal contending competitors...its a very very unfair sport. As for gymnastics the last summer Olympics all around was won by an American(Paul Hamm). He choked(very obviously in a few things and it was very much overlooked) and still got the gold...while in reality if he was scored fairly he may have recieved the bronze if he were lucky but I doubt it.

I have friends that are now pro track athletes and they have progressed far more quickly than they did even in HS when your progress should come at its peak speed. I'm very worried about them but at the same time I know they aren't gonna be as bad as the athletes in the 80s who got to take while it was illegal but could still take in and out of season without much of a real fear of being caught.

A few more great ones of massive muscle!

http://a195.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/52/l_ac645283bb565e25cc11dd999cb96f1a.jpg

[/img]

I love the huge lats on this guy! I have a question that's been nagging me for some time. On the natural competitors, I see big arms, cut, huge quads, pecs, the whole deal... except those huge bellowing lats, those softball like chunks of flesh on the sides of the body. I mean, a lot of natty's seem to have good lats from the back, but from the front, I've never, ever seen them big like on someone who juices. Is it possible to get those huge lats without juice? Any examples? I want to those chunks of flesh that rotate to the front of your body when you hit a front lat spread and just blow peoples minds away! Thoughts?

Seriously... any answers here?

Daywalker has "HUGE" lats...the rest of his body is great but I really think if his bicepts and chest were a bit larger he'd be near pro juice caliber