Portland gathering on Sunday 6PM Blossoming Lotus

robert

Edited:

Plans are to meet at Blossoming Lotus on NW 9th and Davis inside of Yoga in the Pearl at 6PM Sunday, March 4th. After that whoever is interested is welcome to come over to our house (Dave and I) to play video games, watch a movie or just hang out. We may make smoothies too

Hey, is anyone interested in getting together in Portland on Sunday the 4th?

I had a birthday yesterday but worked all day long and some of you wanted to do something for my birthday but I wasn't available. I was thinking of doing a birthday forum gathering sometime on Sunday. That seems to be a day that works for most people in the area.

Anyone interested?

I was thinking Blossoming Lotus or somewhere over in SE, maybe Bay Leaf, Van Han, or somewhere else. I've never been to Vege Thai before.

Blossoming lotus was my first choice because we have a number of Raw members here in Portland. Proper Eats would be another great choice but I know it isn't as centrally located.

I'm open to any times on Sunday, just let me know.

If nobody is interested, I'll still go out with my sister, davidtarrfoster and a few others. I leave for L.A. on Thursday morning so it would be fun to hang out before I leave for that week. Then off to Seattle two weeks later but I know many of you on here are coming too!

Thoughts on Sunday?

Edited by robert

Yeah, I knew you might have work but that was the day most people were free, including myself.

I'm not sure what your sleeping schedule is darth, but I think we'll do a gathering around 6-7PM at Blossoming Lotus until 8PM and then some will come back over to my place (Dave's house) to hang out, watch a movie, something like that.

So, like last time, we may be still rockin after 10PM.

Thanks for the replies so far. I'll see what I hear from others now until mid-day Sunday but I'm leaning for 6PM at Blossoming Lotus then over to our house to hang out for those interested. We're in NE on 12th and Ainsworth.

Cool everyone, I'm just getting around to checking this on Sunday around 11AM.

Let's plan on Blossoming Lotus arriving anywhere from 6-7PM, I'll be there close to 6PM.

Ironically, I've also been RAW for over 24 hours now and so has davidtarrfoster for a longer period.

To be completely honest, I'm craving cooked warm food, mostly rice and beans but we'll see if I can make it another 7 hours.

I look forward to seeing some of you there and then back at our place we'll hang out if anyone is interested. If not, I'll just get some much needed sleep

See some of you later tonight at the Lotus.

Thanks everyone for the lovely time!

We had 13 people including:

loveliberate

davidtarrfoster

oregonisaac

C.O.

mogwai

DV

robert

and family members of some of those listed.

Great food, great time, great conversations and we look forward to doing more Portland dine-outs as a group.

Also, a special thanks to DV who made me an awesome RAW apple pie. It's totally good and I ate 95% of it already and I'm finishing it off now as I type.

I've been RAW for the past 2 days now and I'm feeling pretty good. About 1/4 of our group was RAW so Blossoming Lotus was a great fit....and the fact that they make the best food in Portland.

Let's do more gatherings soon!

Next time. It was nice to see you at the previous gathering. This one was much bigger and at least 3 people brought their spouse or partner and family so we basically took over the Blossoming Lotus seating area.

We hope to do an event in SE again soon. Weekends seem to work well for most people. I know andesuma and xdarthveganx can't always make it on weekends so we'll do some weekday events as well.

Hope to see you soon man.

The best part was getting NEW people out to join us. Often, we have a core group that hangs out but we got some other forum members to come out for their first dine-out or gathering aside from Vegan Vacation or Vegan Holiday Festival.

Specifically, it was great to have C.O., mogwai, and DV join us.

loveliberate, xdarthveganx, and I will continue to organize the meet-ups around here. I'd like to see one with 20 of us, but no matter what the size, it's always a great time. Sometimes it's just loveliberate and his family and me and we have a lot of fun. Other times it's just oregonisaac, davidtarrfoster and me and that is great too.

Small or large gatherings, let's keep them rockin in the Northwest!